Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Daka ‘interest’ a dummy thrown to Leeds to get Gnoto done?

Probably more of a dummy from the inept boars to appease the fans with the arl "trying to make things happen"

Disgusting how we are less than a week away from Fulham and crock lewin and maupay are still our only two options.

Our wingers consist of mcneil and danjuma ( who both missed the last part season game injured ) gray who's been linked away all summer and hasn't trained, dobbin who's got no prem experience and iwobi who cant kick a ball.

We have Keane likely to start at cb.

I honestly don't know how dyche has just accepted this.

This is literally what people are basing their opinions of him on, the fact he scored against us. A Leicester fan has come on here and said he gets bullied off the ball and can’t hold it up but people just remember him scoring a goal 18 months ago and that’s it. He is not good enough for the Premier League, there’s a reason he doesn’t get minutes and that reason is more than a finished Vardy.

Im not fussed either way but he was very highly rated hence the £23mil fee.

Strikes me that if we play on the counter and use him as an Inzaghi type -- put the ball in front of him when hes on the defenders shoulder -- and he's got the pace and finishing ability to do some damage.

Flick ons from DCL/Chermiti would perhaps highlight his strengths rather than passing the ball about.

You just said he’s not lightweight and a Leicester fan that has watched him for two years is saying he is. That’s nothing to do with not rating him, that’s just a factual observation, it would be like someone saying DCL can’t head a ball or Doucoure is a great passer. It’s simply wrong.
Someone saying something doesn't make it a fact though I can't remember much of this lad other than him being fast but one fan saying he's lightweight doesn't mean he is it would be like someone on here saying Mykolenko is good at defending which a lot of people do when I would totally disagree!

Someone saying something doesn't make it a fact though I can't remember much of this lad other than him being fast but one fan saying he's lightweight doesn't mean he is it would be like someone on here saying Mykolenko is good at defending which a lot of people do when I would totally disagree!

It’s more than one fan if you read the replies to the original tweet linking him with us.

"Over 20 games". How many of those did you watch? Or what stats did you use to come up with:

"his record isnt great"

840mins 3 goals + 2 assists is pretty impressive if you ask me.

I don’t think we can draw any conclusions either way with 3 goals, it’s such a small sample size, is virtually irrelevant. I think sometimes you can just ignore the stats.

Kid looks raw, it’s a bit of a gamble, let’s wait and see.

Remember when Leicester fans said that Gray was frustrating, inconsistent and ball greedy and everyone on here ridiculed them for his first 3 weeks.

Yes I do remember that. “He’s just never been given a run of games” was an excuse given for him too. I don’t understand why players apparently need to start 10 games in a row to start to look competent.

Yes I do remember that. “He’s just never been given a run of games” was an excuse given for him too. I don’t understand why players apparently need to start 10 games in a row to start to look competent.
To be fair to gray though, he's come in and been OK ( he's obviously bot great) and we are likely to make a decent profit on him.

Can't really complain

Remember when Leicester fans said that Gray was frustrating, inconsistent and ball greedy and everyone on here ridiculed them for his first 3 weeks.
Oh, the joys of that.

Doesn’t matter what a fan who has watched him 4 years thinks, we’ve seen him for 3 weeks and is better than Messi

8 goals and 2 years later, bye Demz G

Given our limited finances, lowly league finish and tattered reputation anybody we can afford and convince to join will have limitations and weaknesses. We are not going to be signing Mbappe and Kane or Rashford and Jesus or even Watkins and Wilson. A large dose of realism is needed.

It is up to the manager and coaches to get the very most out of anyone we can add. It is up to us to give them maximum support and certainly not just write them off before they even set foot on the pitch because we are somehow still spoilt and entitled from last winning something twenty eight years ago.

Im not fussed either way but he was very highly rated hence the £23mil fee.

Strikes me that if we play on the counter and use him as an Inzaghi type -- put the ball in front of him when hes on the defenders shoulder -- and he's got the pace and finishing ability to do some damage.

Flick ons from DCL/Chermiti would perhaps highlight his strengths rather than passing the ball about.
I wish the Everton in your head was the one I watched on the pitch

I often pay attention to which clubs have bought players or are heavily linked. There are some clubs in Europe who have a reputation for excellent recruitment, so if we are linked with a player from those clubs or we are said to be after a player who is also wanted by one of those clubs then I tend to pay slightly more attention.

Those clubs are Liverpool (sadly), Brighton, Brentford, Red Bull Salzburg and Leipzig, Atalanta and FC Midtjylland. All of them seem to have brilliant recruitment.

In the case of Daka - he was at Salzburg and was heavily linked with Liverpool, but they were supposedly unable to shift Shaqiri and it led Leicester to be able to steal a march on him. He's really only impressed in the PL in brief moments, but I'd still be interested based on the above.

It's another reason why when I saw that Atalanta wanted Toure that I assumed he must be a promising player despite YouTube etc not really showing it.

Disclaimer - The above isn't 100% reliable. Neal Maupay played for two of those clubs

I do exactly the same with certain clubs....you just know that the players they get or want to take have had extensive scouting and /or will fit them well...or they have found a under-valued player in the market.

Serie A is full of clubs that do it, German clubs too.

BT Sports over the last season has been great for watching out for this, 10 games live every weekend and they are cracking leagues.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back