Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think one of the most obvious moves that might happen will be a Holgate/Sulimana (however you spell it) loan swap for the season.

Mad that Holgate has nan a fringe player for years yet we still haven't been able to get rid. Utterly hopeless from those responsible for this, same as with Keane too.

I think one of the most obvious moves that might happen will be a Holgate/Sulimana (however you spell it) loan swap for the season.

Mad that Holgate has nan a fringe player for years yet we still haven't been able to get rid. Utterly hopeless from those responsible for this, same as with Keane too.

…..it’s not rocket science, you can’t shift ordinary footballers on extraordinary contracts.

A young striker who just burst onto the scene in a good league 3G/2A in 16 games (839 minutes total). Compare that to Gnonto (whose previous experience came in the Swiss league which is 18th ranked in world football, behind the Scottish prem, the Danish Liga A, the Austrian Bundesliga and Liga Mexico, among others) - his output last season was 2G/4A in 24 games for Leeds.

Both are 19 year olds, both have 2-3 goals last season, both have bags of potential. Too often we look at foreign players from foreign leagues and pinpoint a single statistic and judge players based off it.

Exactly my point and I’ve seen people write both players that you mention off.

But in recent years, nearly every summer I see blues say we should be in for young talents, we should be in for quick, athletic players that have something about them, and here we are in for said players and blues now say we shouldn’t be in for them, not good enough, don’t have what we want/need…

Well he’s got something like 3 goals in just over 20 games or something hasn’t he, which aren’t the best numbers but I get why, he’s a kid and new to men’s football and still got a lot to learn but people will look at that and write him off
3 goals and 2 assists in 8.5 matches. That’s 1 goal in 2.8 games and a goal contribution of 1 in 1.8.

I’m not saying the lad’s gonna be a world beater from day 1, but when he was on the pitch for Lisbon he made a decent contribution.

Well he’s got something like 3 goals in just over 20 games or something hasn’t he, which aren’t the best numbers but I get why, he’s a kid and new to men’s football and still got a lot to learn but people will look at that and write him off

"Over 20 games". How many of those did you watch? Or what stats did you use to come up with:

"his record isnt great"

840mins 3 goals + 2 assists is pretty impressive if you ask me.

I thought at the time that Daka was a great signing for Leicester.
I really don't think that he had a fair crack of the whip or run of games to prove himself.
Used properly I still think he could be an asset and I'd welcome him at Goodison.
Was a tough season to try and break through for Leicester. You have a run of losses, manager bottles it and sticks with club legend with experience to try and steady the ship. Even Nacho was off the pitch more than common sense would suggest. Chance we could find ourselves in a similar situation but he’d still have to play if Dom was out (unless you count Maupay as a club legend).

Can a smartypants put together a ALANMYERSMEDIA bingo card. Not knocking the bloke but his three to four word answers seem almost AI like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back