Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
…..it’s not rocket science, you can’t shift ordinary footballers on extraordinary contracts.
Oh I get it. But clubs pay even crap players upwards of 40k a week nowadays. He's 'Premier League proven' actually much more than Neal Maupay was deemed to be. Should be approaching his prime (age-wise) and can be utilised in multiple positions in defence (equally bad in each position). Two years left on his contract, surely Everton could get a modest fee for him and come to an agreement with his agents whereby the club, for want of a better term, tops up his new salary to closer to what it'd be if he stayed at Everton. If Everton contributed £20k a week for the next two years that's £2m. If we could get rid for anything more than £2m we'd be making money on a player we seemingly are desperate to get rid of.

I often pay attention to which clubs have bought players or are heavily linked. There are some clubs in Europe who have a reputation for excellent recruitment, so if we are linked with a player from those clubs or we are said to be after a player who is also wanted by one of those clubs then I tend to pay slightly more attention.

Those clubs are Liverpool (sadly), Brighton, Brentford, Red Bull Salzburg and Leipzig, Atalanta and FC Midtjylland. All of them seem to have brilliant recruitment.

In the case of Daka - he was at Salzburg and was heavily linked with Liverpool, but they were supposedly unable to shift Shaqiri and it led Leicester to be able to steal a march on him. He's really only impressed in the PL in brief moments, but I'd still be interested based on the above.

It's another reason why when I saw that Atalanta wanted Toure that I assumed he must be a promising player despite YouTube etc not really showing it.

Disclaimer - The above isn't 100% reliable. Neal Maupay played for two of those clubs

3 goals and 2 assists in 8.5 matches. That’s 1 goal in 2.8 games and a goal contribution of 1 in 1.8.

I’m not saying the lad’s gonna be a world beater from day 1, but when he was on the pitch for Lisbon he made a decent contribution.

I’m not saying he hasn’t made an impact of sorts, just showing it in black and white terms of number and that people will just see that and say it’s crap. Not myself I understand it all and he is a talent but I have seen people see he’s got 3 goals in 20 plus games and they write him off

He’s not too lightweight at all, have you seen the size of him? 6ft plus, physically a decent size, just not used right by Leicester. He’s quick, presses well and can finish. Someone will get a tune out of him

:coffee:

He has barely been given a good run of games during his time here, but last season in limited game time he did alright with 4 goals and 4 assists in the equivalent of about 13 games in the league when obviously at the time we were absolute crap

Rather lightweight though, definitely never going to be seen holding up the ball or anything like that and can be very easily pushed off the ball

Our new manager doesn't seem to be much of a fan of him really, never got used as a striker during pre-season and seems to be 3rd choice behind Vardy and Iheanacho

I honestly think Iheanacho would be the better option for you guys and probably a pretty similar fee as well (hopefully you go for Daka though)

"Over 20 games". How many of those did you watch? Or what stats did you use to come up with:

"his record isnt great"

840mins 3 goals + 2 assists is pretty impressive if you ask me.

You’re not reading my post properly are you. I’m not slagging him off, I’m making a point of people will look at the numbers of 3 goals in X amount of games and think it’s crap without looking at the context of his overal numbers. I haven’t watched him, know nothing about him a part from things I’ve read and that he turns out world class on footy manager, but I’m not having a go, I’m pointing out others will think that’s crap and write him off, and some have done already.

Last edited:
Reading foxestalk about Daka and a lot seem to mention he can't hold the ball up and falls over a lot.

^ Doesnt sound like the profile we're after. Reckon this one is nonsense tbh.

It's interesting. Out of him and Iheanacho surely you'd pick the latter? He's a more rounded player.

But I guess it's probably the usual...we don't have much of a pool to be looking in to, price is right, age is right, and Leicester will accept payments on the drip

Like I say, some will rate him, some won’t, like there’s blues that do and don’t rate Dom still. It’s football. Not every player goes to every club and does well, some struggle and some and flourish at others

You just said he’s not lightweight and a Leicester fan that has watched him for two years is saying he is. That’s nothing to do with not rating him, that’s just a factual observation, it would be like someone saying DCL can’t head a ball or Doucoure is a great passer. It’s simply wrong.

You just said he’s not lightweight and a Leicester fan that has watched him for two years is saying he is. That’s nothing to do with not rating him, that’s just a factual observation, it would be like someone saying DCL can’t head a ball or Doucoure is a great passer. It’s simply wrong.

Well he doesn’t look light weight to me and didn’t so when I watched him against us the other season when he scored against us. I don’t watch him every week granted but physically he doesn’t look light weight at all

Is Daka ‘interest’ a dummy thrown to Leeds to get Gnoto done?
I don’t think we have offered enough yet, not sure we will offer anymore until ee get another outgoing tbh. I think Leeds know they will get a bit more from someone whether it’s us or not.

Well he doesn’t look light weight to me and didn’t so when I watched him against us the other season when he scored against us. I don’t watch him every week granted but physically he doesn’t look light weight at all

This is literally what people are basing their opinions of him on, the fact he scored against us. A Leicester fan has come on here and said he gets bullied off the ball and can’t hold it up but people just remember him scoring a goal 18 months ago and that’s it. He is not good enough for the Premier League, there’s a reason he doesn’t get minutes and that reason is more than a finished Vardy.

You’re not reading my post properly are you. I’m not slagging him off, I’m making a point of people will look at the numbers of 3 goals in X amount of games and think it’s crap without looking at the context of his overal numbers. I haven’t watched him, know nothing about him a part from things I’ve read and that he turns out world class on footy manager, but I’m not having a go, I’m pointing out others will think that’s crap and write him off, and some have done already.

I read your post, but i think anyone who is genuinely interested in the signing would check his record on whoscored or transfermarkt.

Those who prefer the club to sign ready made players are the lazy ones who wont check the numbers because they want an excuse to throw out negativity.

Ive not seen the kid and not heard of him either but just doing a google and watching videos shows me that statistically hes rated in the top 2 u21 centre forwards in europe (football observatory).

Also the insight that he got into the team due to a striker shortage and signed an extension on the condition he would get games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back