Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if we add a decent forward we coast to safety this season. There's some rotten teams in the PL now. I honestly couldn't make a case for about 4 or 5 who I'd say have much less chance of survival than Everton.
Points deduction to make things interesting?

It shouldn't happen, but then this is Everton.

Has anyone else been punished retrospectively since Niasse, or are we still waiting for that one?

This is how bad we killed ourselves through wages, Supposedly Cardiff have given up signing Davies over wages.

I know he wasn't exactly a top earner with us, but the lad hasn't even got a club now, but wages have still made an impact on him possibly playing this season.

He'd rather claim 'Squatters Rights' on the Freebees list, then join a club and at least get a game, over wage demands 🙄
If all he wanted was a salary he wouldn't have rejected the one we offered him. Perhaps it's just that Cardiff are low balling him.

I think the two more in makes sense, and seems to show what their plan is. They will bring in one more winger, sell Gray, and then bring in a CB. After that I can only see them getting a cheap young CM prospect if bringing in a 3rd. They will pocket the rest of the Kean/Gordon money.

I think they plan to have Chermiti as the backup to DCL, with Danjuma or Maupay as the #3 option with a little more experience. Then seems out wide they plan to go with McNeil, Danjuma, NEW Winger and Iwobi as the emergency wide option. The midfield likely will remain untouched, and then the new CB, whether the likes of Solet or Chalobah will compete with Branthwaite for the #2 spot, leaving a backline of Patterson Tarks Branthwaite/NewCB Young. At least thats my guess of what they seem to be planning and happy to stay with.
Hard to say what happens after Chermiti...

Im hoping we go for De Winter + Iling-Junior from Juventus and Wharton at Blackburn.

That gives the squad a boost and also covers us over the next 2 seasons as we lose out of contract players.

Why? he played really attacking football when he replaced Vieira and kept Palace up comfortably when they were looking like relegation. He has huge experience in the game. Is that just an ageist comment or anti Palace or maybe Anti Hodgson as we spent a little time at the RS
More a case of you overstating the argument in your usual head patting manner, Hodgson did okay, he played attacking football because Viera had spent time installing those methods and no one really thought they would go down, they had a bunch of favourable fixtures coming up when he took over and he did a solid job.

Now jog on back to RAWK

Interesting that dobbin hasn't linked with a loan move, seems that cannon is waiting for Chermiti to come in.
Makes me wonder if there will be another forward that will come in.
As danjuma can play upfront.. maupay hasn't been linked with a move anywhere either.
I think Everton have all their hope put on gnetto .. reminds me of what we did with boja last season

Interesting that dobbin hasn't linked with a loan move, seems that cannon is waiting for Chermiti to come in.
Makes me wonder if there will be another forward that will come in.
As danjuma can play upfront.. maupay hasn't been linked with a move anywhere either.
I think Everton have all their hope put on gnetto .. reminds me of what we did with boja last season
I think there was links with swapping Maupay for Boulaye Dia from Salernitana , though they have gone quiet. Hopefully there was something in it, and we pursue the deal once this Chirmiti is over the line

More a case of you overstating the argument in your usual head patting manner, Hodgson did okay, he played attacking football because Viera had spent time installing those methods and no one really thought they would go down, they had a bunch of favourable fixtures coming up when he took over and he did a solid job.

Now jog on back to RAWK
Big @Keiran vibes from this fella, mainly his relentless bore prose which makes paint drying seem Innovative and Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back