Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there was links with swapping Maupay for Boulaye Dia from Salernitana , though they have gone quiet. Hopefully there was something in it, and we pursue the deal once this Chirmiti is over the line
Can't see Dia here. Even if he wanted the move and Maupay was open to it as well, doing parallel sets of negotiations to a deadline seems too complex, at least for Everton. There is a reason why player exchange transfers don't really work anymore. It's double the hassle in a market where deals are already drawn out into several weeks and clubs haggle down to the nth degree. I don't think players and their agents like these deals either, with one side being seen as more of a makeweight relative to the other.

Interesting that dobbin hasn't linked with a loan move, seems that cannon is waiting for Chermiti to come in.
Makes me wonder if there will be another forward that will come in.
As danjuma can play upfront.. maupay hasn't been linked with a move anywhere either.
I think Everton have all their hope put on gnetto .. reminds me of what we did with boja last season

Perhaps Dobbin is being lined up for a squad place this season. He’s already had a loan at a pretty good level and played in our first team before. Dyche has come out and said how impressed he was with him during pre season. Our wide options are currently McNeil (injured) Iwobi Gray (going) and Danjuma so if Dobbin is good enough there’s no harm in him joining that group to fill our numbers. Then we only really need a replacement for Gray and McNeil to come back from injury and it would give us 4 wide players plus Danjuma covering striker plus winger.

We are in the mix on this forum! The death squad have us relegated by November
Im on the fence at present not so sure of this idea that there are 7 teams already before a kick is made that are weaker than we are just starting with Saturday we could be without 5 normal starters and Fulham wont be any push overs

I think Sulemena is most likely next in , this is based on mo factual evidence whatsoever (similar to most of our rumours)

Gary O'Neil to Wolves. That would be hilarious. Sheffield United have sold their best player and another to follow. Plus Luton came up. We have already stayed up without even kicking a ball. It should not be underestimated how much weaker the league will be this season. Happy days.
Replacing a top class manager with GON on the eve of the season is certainly admitting what you’re in for.

If it’s true the owners won’t even let them sign free transfers the problems maybe run deeper than FFP. Strange situation.

Squad wise they still have just about enough to compete though so shouldn’t be complacent and obviously GON will try to create a siege mentality. Question though is giving the negativity around the place whether the remaining good players start pushing to get out. This certainly isn’t what, say, Matheus Nunes signed up for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back