Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps Dobbin is being lined up for a squad place this season. He’s already had a loan at a pretty good level and played in our first team before. Dyche has come out and said how impressed he was with him during pre season. Our wide options are currently McNeil (injured) Iwobi Gray (going) and Danjuma so if Dobbin is good enough there’s no harm in him joining that group to fill our numbers. Then we only really need a replacement for Gray and McNeil to come back from injury and it would give us 4 wide players plus Danjuma covering striker plus winger.

I think everybody would have been in agreement that a striker was not only number one priority this summer, it was essential for the future of the football club.

How you would be satisfied with a new winger who can cover there and a 19 year old kid that won’t be starting games, I just don’t know.

Can't see Dia here. Even if he wanted the move and Maupay was open to it as well, doing parallel sets of negotiations to a deadline seems too complex, at least for Everton. There is a reason why player exchange transfers don't really work anymore. It's double the hassle in a market where deals are already drawn out into several weeks and clubs haggle down to the nth degree. I don't think players and their agents like these deals either, with one side being seen as more of a makeweight relative to the other.
When you put it like that, I guess your right. Thinking about it, it is very rare to see such deals like this happen. Either way we need to get rid of Maupay

How does that work then? You can’t be from the UK?
No, I am not from the UK so I come without the scars of growing up with the intense rivalry in the UK. I was a kid in the 70s and 80s and most of my schoolmates supported Man U, Leeds, Liverpool or Arsenal. I guess I wanted to be different and as I didn't want to support any of them and I was more neutral. But I found myself liking both Villa and Everton, probably as they were a lot more successful then (I am surprised I didn't latch onto Forest). Villa Park was the first stadium that I saw a match in so that probably swayed it in Villa's favour. In my early 20s I lived in London and flat shared with a guy from Bootle that was a mad RS fan. To help with our football rivalry my attachment to Everton grew substantially over that period :)

Replacing a top class manager with GON on the eve of the season is certainly admitting what you’re in for.

If it’s true the owners won’t even let them sign free transfers the problems maybe run deeper than FFP. Strange situation.

Squad wise they still have just about enough to compete though so shouldn’t be complacent and obviously GON will try to create a siege mentality. Question though is giving the negativity around the place whether the remaining good players start pushing to get out. This certainly isn’t what, say, Matheus Nunes signed up for.

Our forward options look slightly better than last season:

DCL
Danjuma
Dobbin
Cannon
Maupey
Chermiti
Gray

Plus we are looking to add with either:
Daka, Gronto or Sulemana

Gray's transfer will mostly likely happen late this week or next and if we can bring in one or two of those, we will most likely move Cannon and/or Dobbin on loan.

Replacing a top class manager with GON on the eve of the season is certainly admitting what you’re in for.

If it’s true the owners won’t even let them sign free transfers the problems maybe run deeper than FFP. Strange situation.

Squad wise they still have just about enough to compete though so shouldn’t be complacent and obviously GON will try to create a siege mentality. Question though is giving the negativity around the place whether the remaining good players start pushing to get out. This certainly isn’t what, say, Matheus Nunes signed up for.
I think the problem is Chinese ownership and their government's changes to finance in the country a few years back. Villa, Wolves and a few others were under Chinese ownership in the last 5/7 years but the government effectively banned transferring money outside the country for investment into football clubs so the money source was instantly cut off. I know Villa were crap and had a crap manager but we came within 24 hours of administration due to non payment of a relatively small (5m) tax bill to HMRC. The Chinese owned clubs were cut from all funding and then bled dry of any cash. I suspect this is the problem at Wolves as opposed to FFP

DCL
Danjuma
Dobbin
Cannon
Maupey
Chermiti
Gray

Daka, Gronto or Sulemana

Gray's transfer will mostly likely happen late this week or next and if we can bring in one or two of those, we will most likely move Cannon and/or Dobbin on loan.
Chermitti comes in Cannon goes out

Daka/Gnonto/Sulemana/someone else comes in Gray goes out.

Hopefully another real forward comes in and the stale french baguette gets thrown out.

I see Dobbin staying here as a pacy impact sub.

DCL
Danjuma
Dobbin
Cannon
Maupey
Chermiti
Gray

Daka, Gronto or Sulemana

I'm 99% certain that these three will score fewer than 5 goals between them all season.

DCL will almost certainly miss up to 50% of our games, while Gray is definitely leaving soon.

Chermiti is 19 and nobody knows anything about him.

Danjuma isn't a striker.

Our forward options are absolutely appalling and relegation worthy imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back