Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton is my 2nd team.
That's what you call an anomaly.

I hate some teams more than others & some I particularly hate at particular times. But I hate them all. For the RS, it is pure, unadulterated hatred, I also really hate Man U, Spurs, Chelsea & now Man C.

I am a bitter & twisted little man.

That's what you call an anomaly.

I hate some teams more than others & some I particularly hate at particular times. But I hate them all. For the RS, it is pure, unadulterated hatred, I also really hate Man U, Spurs, Chelsea & now Man C.

I am a bitter & twisted little man.
I think as @NorthernBlue correctly spotted that I can't be from the UK and have two PL teams to support. It just can't happen when u grow up in the environment :) I suppose there are different reasons to dislike or hate a club. For me it is Spurs, I just can't stand Daniel Levy, I think he is a horrible person. Baggies and Birmingham are probably up there too but that would be more local rivalry than anything else.

I think the problem is Chinese ownership and their government's changes to finance in the country a few years back. Villa, Wolves and a few others were under Chinese ownership in the last 5/7 years but the government effectively banned transferring money outside the country for investment into football clubs so the money source was instantly cut off. I know Villa were crap and had a crap manager but we came within 24 hours of administration due to non payment of a relatively small (5m) tax bill to HMRC. The Chinese owned clubs were cut from all funding and then bled dry of any cash. I suspect this is the problem at Wolves as opposed to FFP
Yeah, all that makes sense. The joys of inviting owners from anywhere, as with us you’re at the mercy of political events turning off the taps.

Morning mates and welcome to the 9th of August Everton transfer 💩 show…..

Everton remain in talks to sign Southampton winger Kamaldeen Sulemana in the summer transfer window, according to a fresh update regarding his future at St Mary's. According to Football Insider, the Blues still see the winger as an option and are in continued talks over a move to Goodison Park:

BBC Sport has revealed there are “no obstacles” for investment in Everton from MSP Sports Capital. The Toffees entered into an exclusivity agreement with the New York-based company on May 22 to acquire more funding for the club’s new stadium on Bramley Moore Dock.

The Blues are currently operating under financial constraints as they look to complete the £760million facility, with the BBC reporting on 8 August that the “process remains ongoing” over MSP taking a stake in the club to help with the costs.

Everton are set to miss out in their attempts to sign FC Basel forward Dan Ndoye, according to Gianluca Di Marzio. The Sky Sports Italy journalist reported on 7 August that the Toffees had made an effort to bring the Swiss striker to Goodison Park, but that Serie A side Bologna have a “broad agreement” in place to sign him for £9.5million plus add-ons.

Manchester United have reportedly held Old Trafford transfer talks over a potential move for Everton midfielder Amadou Onana.

Youssef Chermiti
will undergo his Everton medical on Wednesday (9 August) ahead of a £14.9m move to Goodison Park, reports Alan Myers. Writing on his personal Twitter account (9 August), the Sky Sports reporter says the Portuguese striker will finally undergo his medical tests with the Toffees after all terms were agreed for a transfer.

Dele Alli has suffered an injury setback. That’s according to journalist Henry Winter, who has reported that the Everton midfielder is expected to be sidelined for a few more weeks.

Youssef Chermiti is set to undergo a medical at Everton today ahead of joining the Merseyside outfit, according to journalist Alan Myers. Everton have had an agreement in place with Sporting Lisbon for a while for the potential signature of the 19-year-old forward. The Toffees have agreed to pay a fee of €15m and another €5m in add-ons based on his performances at Goodison Park.

Alan Nixon also claims that Premier League side Everton are eyeing a move for Leicester striker Patson Daka. Daka has had a tough time at the King Power Stadium since his move from Red Bull Salzburg in June 2021 and he scored just four goals and provided four assists in 36 appearances in all competitions last season, with many of his minutes coming from the bench.

Ryan Lowe insists the wait is ongoing for Preston North End as they chase Tom Cannon and further reinforcements to their squad.

Everton are weighing up a move for Manchester United defender Harry Maguire – with the Red Devils interested in midfielder Amadou Onana going to Old Trafford. (Mirror)​

Last edited:

Yeah, all that makes sense. The joys of inviting owners from anywhere, as with us you’re at the mercy of political events turning off the taps.

That is an interesting article on the subject of Chinese ownership of English football clubs. The really concerning aspect of it imo was the financial benefit to the Chinese owner to buy a club and then sell it at a loss. This just incentivised owners to buy clubs, run them into the ground and then do a runner leaving the mess behind them. Makes one question the role of 'Fit and Proper' ownership

Everton are set to miss out in their attempts to sign FC Basel forward Dan Ndoye, according to Gianluca Di Marzio. The Sky Sports Italy journalist reported on 7 August that the Toffees had made an effort to bring the Swiss striker to Goodison Park, but that Serie A side Bologna have a “broad agreement” in place to sign him for £9.5million plus add-ons.

TBH I'd go there too... probably my favourite place in Italy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back