Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Replacing a top class manager with GON on the eve of the season is certainly admitting what you’re in for.

If it’s true the owners won’t even let them sign free transfers the problems maybe run deeper than FFP. Strange situation.

Squad wise they still have just about enough to compete though so shouldn’t be complacent and obviously GON will try to create a siege mentality. Question though is giving the negativity around the place whether the remaining good players start pushing to get out. This certainly isn’t what, say, Matheus Nunes signed up for.

GON done a great job at bouremouth tbf … I was surprised when he left

I didn't say clubs don't push a player's name out in the media, in fact, I have posted many times that as soon as there is interest in a player the selling club and the player's agent will be doing all they can to generate interest in the player to try and drive the price up. I am saying that the buying club, West Ham in this case will not be so stupid to believe crap posted on Twitter. They will not change their bid based on a Tweet saying Everton are also interested. The clubs and agents pushing the player's name are doing so in the hope of generating real interest and a real bid from a club. Until real bids come in the club like West Ham in this case will just sit tight.

And I never said that either so I don’t know why you came after me has if I had said that….

Just saw a twitter rumour we’re bidding 35 million for Ekitike

Downward Googly eyes thing

Shocked if have bid that for Hugo Ekitike they want him out could prob even get him on loan

Yeah, I've wondered all summer if Ekitike would get a mention since he's freely available, that sounds very high though even if it is structured etc.

This would be eye popping...he and Chermiti and we'd be on our way.

Social media says we are in discussions and have enquired, social media says we are interested in a Chelsea player who is rated at 45 million. 🙄
Or do you have a source from the club direct?

Yeah that’s bollocks and Chalobah. But Baz on toffeetv was saying yesterday we’re still in talks for Gnonto and he seems to get buts from people inside the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back