Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
what is low balling him, when he hasn't even got a club.

I expect he'd still be on a pretty decent wage ( in our eyes ) and he would have the chance to prove himself and obviously gain a better contract at a bigger club.
Sure but whilst I might take a pay cut for a great opportunity I wouldn't take the great opportunity if the salary was insulting to my earning potential. I don't see footballers would be any different. As a free agent he has time to organise a deal that he feels happy with.

It's sad in a way every time it seems a lower level pl team gets a decent player, he's almost immediately hoovered up by the fat cat super league teams. Not for the first team but for their huge over inflated squads, apart from 6 or 7 teams football is dying on its feet. I wish now that foreign super league had gone ahead.
I was saying this to a mate the other day. I finally think that the European (or world) super league is the only way to reset the sport and make it competitive again domestically.

Are the club only able to work on one deal at a time? I mean this ones been going on for what? 10 days now?

We just not bothering with anyone else then, just some young striker who'll prob not play much to start with. Hardly going to help us out on Saturday is it. Amateur as usual.
Most clubs have the resources and skills to work on multiple deals at the same time sadly Everton do not.

This is why we always start the season with a significant amount of unfinished business which puts the manager in difficult position.

Umm, what?? 😄😄
Screenshot_20230809_110618_X.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back