Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the club only able to work on one deal at a time? I mean this ones been going on for what? 10 days now?

We just not bothering with anyone else then, just some young striker who'll prob not play much to start with. Hardly going to help us out on Saturday is it. Amateur as usual.

Interesting to see Wolves situation and their unwillingness to spend for Lopetgui - trying to live on 'Frees' too and getting a more err... flexible manager. A bit like us and Dyche.

Could be losing Paqueta to City as well... Could be a lot more signings if that deal goes through.

I think Maguire and JWP be great signings for them, but still in a weaker position losing Rice & if Paqueta goes, they are in trouble.

It's sad in a way every time it seems a lower level pl team gets a decent player, he's almost immediately hoovered up by the fat cat super league teams. Not for the first team but for their huge over inflated squads, apart from 6 or 7 teams football is dying on its feet. I wish now that foreign super league had gone ahead.

If all he wanted was a salary he wouldn't have rejected the one we offered him. Perhaps it's just that Cardiff are low balling him.
what is low balling him, when he hasn't even got a club.

I expect he'd still be on a pretty decent wage ( in our eyes ) and he would have the chance to prove himself and obviously gain a better contract at a bigger club.

M
No worries Nath, I'm sure the 4 or 5 players we desperately need will be delivered at the usual break- neck speed. A.C.U.M.E.N. matey relax.

I know mate, stupid of me to not have any faith in the the master negotiator and a bent accountant to actually know what they are doing in relation to football players and transfers?!

Been enjoyable to constantly get told by others that the speed of our transfers is in line with other clubs as well, and that I’m over reacting to the anorexic squad we currently have.

Seasons kicks off in a few weeks doesn’t it, we’ll be sou… oh hang on.

Now you come to mention it, makes perfect sense. Every time I see one of his posts I roll my eyes and skip over it, exactly as I did with Kieran
Just put him on ignore like I have for months. It's a bit of a brainteaser trying to work out what he's spouting on about just by reading all the replies. Fun tho.

It's sad in a way every time it seems a lower level pl team gets a decent player, he's almost immediately hoovered up by the fat cat super league teams. Not for the first team but for their huge over inflated squads, apart from 6 or 7 teams football is dying on its feet. I wish now that foreign super league had gone ahead.
Why do you think the super league would help outr of interest ? To me it seems to entrench the gap we already see.

If they were still in PL it would be 50+
I also wonder whether the price of mid-range players has come down due to lack of demand.

If no clubs can splurge apart from the oil-owned clubs then there must be a gamut of mid-range players which won't attract the oil money and the next tier of clubs can't afford the big cash.

Interesting to see Wolves situation and their unwillingness to spend for Lopetgui - trying to live on 'Frees' too and getting a more err... flexible manager. A bit like us and Dyche.
Dont think that 45 million deal to buy for that striker in January has helped, did he even contribute anything for them staying up

His stats are mad. Wether its an argument for the leagues but his stats in holland and Germany are so good. If he hadnt had the disaster in England you'd look at him and go lets sign him up.
Lad is a monster but only wins 30% of headers he goes for. Dodged a bullet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back