Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chermiti + Ekitike + Gnonto + Wharton + De Winter = Top 8.

Just Ekitike and Gnonto and easily mid table.

Don't do it to yourself Zat ffs

We are 2 days away from the start of the season and rhe only deal we are remotely close to finalising is Cherniti.

It's no good imagining what our team will be like "if" we get Gnonto, Ekitike, Wharton, or De Winter. Just like last season when we thought we were advanced with Kudus, we are simply rubbish at getting any kind if deals over the line.

It's not good enough to say "well at least he's identified the kind of players we want". Between Thelwell, Kenwright and Moshiri they're a complete embarrassment to this club.

Let's hope they do get some of the players in you mentioned as that might give us half a chance of surviving, though there's more chance of us signing the likes of 38 year old whose contracts have run out, or prem proven failed players like Evans or Daka

Don't do it to yourself Zat ffs

We are 2 days away from the start of the season and rhe only deal we are remotely close to finalising is Cherniti.

It's no good imagining what our team will be like "if" we get Gnonto, Ekitike, Wharton, or De Winter. Just like last season when we thought we were advanced with Kudus, we are simply rubbish at getting any kind if deals over the line.

It's not good enough to say "well at least he's identified the kind of players we want". Between Thelwell, Kenwright and Moshiri they're a complete embarrassment to this club.

Let's hope they do get some of the players in you mentioned as that might give us half a chance of surviving, though there's more chance of us signing the likes of 38 year old whose contracts have run out, or prem proven failed players like Evans or Daka

The season may be starting, but the window is still open.

Those who rated Moyes business...Wham arent looking too clever at the moment.

If weve got till Sept 1st to do business...lets judge it then.

The season may be starting, but the window is still open.

Those who rated Moyes business...Wham arent looking too clever at the moment.

If weve got till Sept 1st to do business...lets judge it then.

Your talking about repeating exactly the same scenario that got us into this mess last season.

The season doesn't start in September, it starts in 2 days time. We can't afford tk be chucking the first 5/6 games away like we did last season as that what leads to nearly being relegated with 30 minutes of a season to spare

You carry on mate if you want to play fantasy football with team selections. This club and those that run it won't be given an inch of patience or sympathy from me because they've proved time after time after time after time year after year after year after that they're incompetent at doing anything remotely like a professionally run football club.

2 days until Fulham and the squad is a humongous pile of crap, missing any kind of creativity and serious goal threat

Hard to see past how we could afford Ekitike and spend on other players, too. If we did sign him, surely we are then limited to loans only. Sulemana on loan + CB loan perhaps. We aren't going to be buying Gnonto in that case surely.

Your talking about repeating exactly the same scenario that got us into this mess last season.

The season doesn't start in September, it starts in 2 days time. We can't afford tk be chucking the first 5/6 games away like we did last season as that what leads to nearly being relegated with 30 minutes of a season to spare

You carry on mate if you want to play fantasy football with team selections. This club and those that run it won't be given an inch of patience or sympathy from me because they've proved time after time after time after time year after year after year after that they're incompetent at doing anything remotely like a professionally run football club.

2 days until Fulham and the squad is a humongous pile of crap, missing any kind of creativity and serious goal threat
15 hours away from having 3 goalkeepers on the bench for Saturday , signing anyone today/tomorrow I know wouldn't go in to the first team but signing a player that is fit and may have played one or 2 games already surly would be fit enough for the bench at least , if the injuries or the gamble on DCL hasnt been sorted its going to look a rather week team Saturday

Now I admire we were after talented players like Gnonto and the lad from PSG..however dreading that they won't come, we miss out in the meantime to the likes of Adams / Danks and we scramble on Deadline day for someonel like Fraser and a failed attempt for Mateta again

15 hours away from having 3 goalkeepers on the bench for Saturday , signing anyone today/tomorrow I know wouldn't go in to the first team but signing a player that is fit and may have played one or 2 games already surly would be fit enough for the bench at least , if the injuries or the gamble on DCL hasnt been sorted its going to look a rather week team Saturday

Yep, it's the difference between getting a win instead of a draw, or snatching a draw late on and your subs come on and help you grab a point.

You need options, creativity and people who can hit the back of the net.

We're currently banking on either DCL or Danjuma to be fit otherwise its 1 goal a season Maupay leading the line on his own.

Fred is available

images (1).webp

This is where the loan with an obligation to buy claim makes a lot of sense.
can see a lot of clubs doing it now and in the future. i.e. Raya to Arsenal, obviously Arsenal have spent a lot this summer already, so does delaying another transfer for a year help with FFP? So loan for a year with obligation to buy next year benefits all parties...

plus with our Ekitike 'deal' it seems like our obligation to buy becomes active after a certain point in the loan. Potentially after a certain amount of appearances?

Agree completely. Whilst it's levels of crap, I'd settle now if we got extra bodies in by September 1st. That's still a big if. The speculation for me is just temporary distraction. That's what this club does to you, it constantly shifts expectations downwards and we take it. Not getting those players is another matter.

Now I admire we were after talented players like Gnonto and the lad from PSG..however dreading that they won't come, we miss out in the meantime to the likes of Adams / Danks and we scramble on Deadline day for someonel like Fraser and a failed attempt for Mateta again

Oh it'll be where we we've been talking to them for weeks and some other club with actual money will swoop in and pay what we'd spoon feed over years .

Classic 'Ton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back