Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of posters had linked us with this sieve:

The weakest link in the chain is always the one that fails. Guaranteed if he becomes the new sub GK, the week after the window closes is when Pickford will do himself a serious season long injury.

The weakest link in the chain is always the one that fails. Guaranteed if he becomes the new sub GK, the week after the window closes is when Pickford will do himself a serious season long injury.

Huge risk. It would make sense if were also bringing in a top u21 keeper to loan out with recall clauses every window.

Id take that risk knowing we could have a top young keeper on our hands in 2 seasons time.

But just signing 32 year olds with no pedigree makes no sense to me.

How many prem players go for less than 10m?

I don’t know who would be in for them but someone would .

Didn’t westham have interest in Keane.? Actually Forrest were linked to.

Holgate has had interest from Eddie Howe in the past

Godfrey is a prem cb in his mid 20’s would be ideal for one of the newly promoted teams or a team that misses their targets and has to panic buy

It’s like harry mguire .. who will want him ? I don’t know … but I know that someone will
Godfrey has been badly found it. People need to remember we are among the poorest in the the league. If you are not good enough for us it is Championship or abroad which means no fee

You see that squiggly line before the 40, that means about or approximately; but sure, nit pick away over a small detail to be pedantic. Can't believe we've not offered a contract to a backup keeper who will be "only" 36 in 17 days!!!! (Well 16 days, 1 hour and 2 minutes. I'd hate to be inaccurate) 👍

Yeh and 35 isn’t approximately 40 when we talk about ages. I turn 32 this year should I tell people I’m approximately 30.

He is a poor keeper. Terrible with his feet, average reflexes and positioning and really poor at commanding his box for such a big keeper.

And to your first point: we won't have a better side than we've had the last 2 years, certainly not significantly better. We obviously need to move to a level where we move players on for good money and have good replacements already in place. But we are years off that yet. Sides like Brighton generally buy these players cheaply and then loan them out for a season or 2 or use them sparingly for a few seasons. We have such little money that we can't do that.

So with that in mind, look at how well we have got on the last few years from selling our best players. Mina has just gone out the door too. Realistically it would be generous to say that we have more than 5 really good players. So we absolutely are not in a position to move on one of the ones that is. We've been so badly run that we have to avoid (for at least a year now) allowing any more of our best players to leave.
We dont agree on Begovic, fine. I believe he has gone anyway. How do we fund developing a better side?

OK,we knew Mina was off anyway,but Coady and Begovic now departing means at this moment we are even weaker than we were squad wise😳
An indication to lower the wage bill. Bet Townsend, Davies and the third keeper are gone too with their contracts expire. Lille should buy Gomes too.

Got to buy young players as this is the right way to go.

He is much worse than Begovic. Hope not.

OK,we knew Mina was off anyway,but Coady and Begovic now departing means at this moment we are even weaker than we were squad wise😳

Hopefully we have players coming in.

Cody wasn't the best plus we have to avoid long contracts with players around 30 years old.

Mina not reliable so be good to have a player who can more then 4 games in a run.

Begovic not a concern.

Hopefully we have players coming in.

Cody wasn't the best plus we have to avoid long contracts with players around 30 years old.

Mina not reliable so be good to have a player who can more then 4 games in a run.

Begovic not a concern.
I hope you are right around incomings but until I hear some positive news around investment/boardroom departures I will hold counsel!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back