Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the risk of being 'one' of those guys, if we were to get Harrison, Gnonto and Beto, a squad like this would easily keep us up.

Goalkeepers:
Pickford
Virginia

Defenders
LB: Young, Mykolenko
CB: Tarkowski, Godfrey
CB: Branthwaite, Keane
RB: Patterson, Coleman

Midfielders
CM: Onana, Garner, Gana
ACM: Doucoure, Iwobi, Dele

Forwards:
LW: McNeil, Gnonto, Dobbin
RW: Danjuma, Harrison
CF: DCL, Beto, Chermitti

That is a squad of 24.

It would allow Holgate, Gomes, Gbamin, Gray and Maupay to leave permanently. Would also allow for Cannon to go and potentially Dobbin on loan as well.

In the absolute best case scenario, one of Godfrey or Keane go out and we get another experienced CB.

Overly optimisic, but there is a pathway and would allow us to use future windows to improve the foundations of the squad as opposed to being so focused on clearing out high wage dross.
I think it will still struggle..

(Going off our rumoured targets) Convincing any of Udinese, Southampton or Leicester to do a loan to buy with Beto/Adams/Daka is nion impossible, but I don't see how we could get a striker in otherwise.

(Going off our rumoured targets) Convincing any of Udinese, Southampton or Leicester to do a loan to buy with Beto/Adams/Daka is nion impossible, but I don't see how we could get a striker in otherwise.

I would say we're going to need to be clever. Leeds interested in Cannon, Southampton interested in Holgate, so see how we can sweeten a deal for the likes of a Gnonto as an example.

Screenshot 2023-08-14 at 09.26.28.webp

I would say we're going to need to be clever. Leeds interested in Cannon, Southampton interested in Holgate, so see how we can sweeten a deal for the likes of a Gnonto as an example.
I’m more encouraged that we may have a decent end to the window now based on finally gett JH over the line and as you say, with two of our targets being at clubs who also want our players. There are conflicting reports in Beto, but next signing has to be a striker - it’s of paramount importance. I just long for the window where we actually sign targets relatively early, but as people have said it’s because we are cash strapped.

At the risk of being 'one' of those guys, if we were to get Harrison, Gnonto and Beto, a squad like this would easily keep us up.

Goalkeepers:
Pickford
Virginia

Defenders
LB: Young, Mykolenko
CB: Tarkowski, Godfrey
CB: Branthwaite, Keane
RB: Patterson, Coleman

Midfielders
CM: Onana, Garner, Gana
ACM: Doucoure, Iwobi, Dele

Forwards:
LW: McNeil, Gnonto, Dobbin
RW: Danjuma, Harrison
CF: DCL, Beto, Chermitti

That is a squad of 24.

It would allow Holgate, Gomes, Gbamin, Gray and Maupay to leave permanently. Would also allow for Cannon to go and potentially Dobbin on loan as well.

In the absolute best case scenario, one of Godfrey or Keane go out and we get another experienced CB.

Overly optimisic, but there is a pathway and would allow us to use future windows to improve the foundations of the squad as opposed to being so focused on clearing out high wage dross.

The concern is CB still in that case, even if we could could get a loan through the door, someone better than Keane and Godfrey that takes the pressure off Branthwaite being our saviour.

Other than Young, all good ages. Chermiti for the future at 18, but Danjuma and Harrison at 26. Beto is 25, Ekitike (who feels like the most made up one) is 21. It does make you wonder why there is very little rumour with Iheanacho, given his age….there must be clubs that would surely be after them like Brentford (even if only on loan) as they lost Toney.

There generally last minute deals & Adams only has a year left so you would presume his price would drop! My only concern with these over the other I’ve already mentioned is proven goals
Which is main thing we need! Not another maupay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back