Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Certainly wouldn’t say he was amazing. But he is a completely different form of human being and striker to Maupay, and far closer to what we need, at least in the interim. He misses chances sure, but tends to at least stand in the places you expect a centre forward to stand, and not drift deep looking for wall passes (which has its place, just not with our team). Most importantly he is affordable, and probably wants out with minimum fuss. We’d have to spend similar money on an unproven South American teenager, whereas he slots straight in at the weekend, full preseason done, no faffing about, and isn’t Che Adams (who I’d actually take anyway just to get it over with instead of putting it off till next year - it’s inevitable).
If theres one thing Maupay does do its get in positions to score its just his finishing is disgusting! I wasn't saying Iheanacho would be bad its just I keep reading posts as if he's like an elite goalscorer when his record is no better than Maupays or Che Adams like I said so I don't mind him coming here at all but I won't be expecting him to score a lot because he never has before.

..…it doesn’t matter how active we are if he wants to run down his contract.
If that happens, how many people will that be, that we bought for £20m plus, and they left for free? No wonder we are in the state we are in. It’s a damning indictment of how poor our dealing in the transfer market have been through a succession of DoFs, BK and FM. Disgraceful. It’s like those scenes in Benny Hill, where the music sped up, and he ran after everyone - that was us in the transfer market….Benny Hill FC.

Yeah, everybody just keeps forgetting he exists, its weird, I know the Manager is playing him down, but hes here and hes an option.

No issue with replacing Maupay, but currently we have 4 Strikers, 1 of them injured, 1 of them quite bad and 2 of them unknown, but 4 Strikers all the same.

My only concern is that we're going to burn Chermiti before he's ready. I'd like to see us bring in another just so there's room for the, obviously extremely talented, lad to develop at a pace that's safe.

Yeah, everybody just keeps forgetting he exists, its weird, I know the Manager is playing him down, but hes here and hes an option.

No issue with replacing Maupay, but currently we have 4 Strikers, 1 of them injured, 1 of them quite bad and 2 of them unknown, but 4 Strikers all the same.
Are you including Danjuma in the 4 or Cannon?

We know the injured Dad striker, the useless striker, and the one unknown teen striker, just wanting some clarity on #4...

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back