Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goals to minutes isn't a good comparison though because theres nothing to say that his record would improve in line with the increased minutes and like you say the fact he doesn't get picked to start very often is a red flag in itself you have to ask questions about why someone is nearly 27 and has only ever played 90 minutes in 25 games that suggests a major issue somewhere along the line to me. He averages 5 goals a season I don't care how many minutes he's played to get them 5 its still only 5 goals and that isn't enough to make a big difference to Everton.
Yeah I agree with that to be fair! Think am just desperate for a finisher! Deadline day loan it will be 😂

Are you including Danjuma in the 4 or Cannon?

We know the injured Dad striker, the useless striker, and the one unknown teen striker, just wanting some clarity on #4...

Thanks
Yes, Cannon.

Get young Tom out on loan and try shift Maupay, then we certainly need a Striker.

But currently we have a 29 player squad and we could really do with shifting a load before we bring more in, IMO.

Gnonto, a striker and a depth CB. Then we'll be finished. I think get those in and clear out some of the deadwood players too then it will have been a fantastic window. Nice to see links for Holgate leaving, looks like there's effort to get rid of these lot. Interested to see what the story is with Gray, Gomes and Gbamin, as only Gomes seems to exist now.

Pure speculation on my part but if you look here https://www.evertonfc.com/teams/men the pics are all updated to this year's kit except for Holgate, Gray and Gbamin. Signs that they've been involved in deals and are on the way out, we know there's been talks about Gray and Holgate but maybe closer than we know?

Sell Cannon to Leeds as sweetener for Gnonto. They are incredibly desperate for a striker and Cannon has proven he can score in that league.

Iheanacho's goal scoring record is no better than Maupays was before we signed him I don't know why people act like he's a great goal scorer.
That's a valid point that we need to look at. In fairness Maupay before we signed him had the record of a fairly decent PL striker, he just absolutely does not suit our style of play at all. I think the Fulham game showed that his confidence is shot but really he's not as bad a player as he seems for us. Think that's why we're maybe looking at Beto as he's more physical and would suit us.

I think Iheanacho would probably be a good signing but like you say he's had a good record for Leicester but who knows what he'd be like with us? He'd be used to playing attacking football with a lot of chances, where Maupay falls short, and he might too, is only having 1 or 2 chances a game, not 4 or 5 that he's used to.

Gnonto, a striker and a depth CB. Then we'll be finished. I think get those in and clear out some of the deadwood players too then it will have been a fantastic window. Nice to see links for Holgate leaving, looks like there's effort to get rid of these lot. Interested to see what the story is with Gray, Gomes and Gbamin, as only Gomes seems to exist now.

Pure speculation on my part but if you look here https://www.evertonfc.com/teams/men the pics are all updated to this year's kit except for Holgate, Gray and Gbamin. Signs that they've been involved in deals and are on the way out, we know there's been talks about Gray and Holgate but maybe closer than we know?
Gabmin refused our offer to terminate his contract! & is believed to be recovering from injury in Paris

Holgate not willing to reduce his wages most likely loan

Gray - surely be allowed to go now but Fulham won’t meet asking price!

Goals to minutes isn't a good comparison though because theres nothing to say that his record would improve in line with the increased minutes and like you say the fact he doesn't get picked to start very often is a red flag in itself you have to ask questions about why someone is nearly 27 and has only ever played 90 minutes in 25 games that suggests a major issue somewhere along the line to me. He averages 5 goals a season I don't care how many minutes he's played to get them 5 its still only 5 goals and that isn't enough to make a big difference to Everton.
5 goals would make him our second top scorer last season mate !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back