Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Tom Cannon can help us sign a player who will contribute, I see not a single reason we shouldnt use him to do that.

Unless you think the lad will be making it here?
Boro only bid 3.5 million. I don't think selling one of our only youngsters who has a chance of making it for that much would be wise

He looked very tidy at Preston last season, but he doesn't really fit into the phenotype of this Everton team does he?

We need someone who can get about it, hold the ball up, introduce our late runners into the advanced position, get on the end of things. Cannon is tidy, but whether he's worth changing our system over is still yet to be seen.

View attachment 222822
Phenotype?! WTAF?!?!

I think he could but I also don't believe the paltry fee we'd get for him now will suddenly help us sign this striker we need.
Of course it will.

It wont be a direct replacement money wise, but any funds from his sale will help us sign a Striker.
He looked very tidy at Preston last season, but he doesn't really fit into the phenotype of this Everton team does he?

We need someone who can get about it, hold the ball up, introduce our late runners into the advanced position, get on the end of things. Cannon is tidy, but whether he's worth changing our system over is still yet to be seen.
I dunno, I dont see the lad having a future here, thats not based on watching him play, cos I really havent, but ive seen this dance with loads of young players, I suspect he goes on to have a very good career in The Championship, maybe League One.

We had Big Vic and Vaughan getting games for us at 16/17, this lad is 20 and played twice for about 3minutes, I just dont see him having a future here.

Selling Cannon would be a mistake, even if he doesn’t make it, once he’s a premier league player, his price goes up.

Still think he should start instead of Maupay next week even if Maupay feels he wants to prove himself.

Of course it will.

It wont be a direct replacement money wise, but any funds from his sale will help us sign a Striker.

I dunno, I dont see the lad having a future here, thats not based on watching him play, cos I really havent, but ive seen this dance with loads of young players, I suspect he goes on to have a very good career in The Championship, maybe League One.

We had Big Vic and Vaughan getting games for us at 16/17, this lad is 20 and played twice for about 3minutes, I just dont see him having a future here.
Another loan in the Championship for me. If he doesn’t do it then, we sell. When the U23s were set up, they were designed at that age because the average age of a first team debutant in the PL was 22-23, so he is still young in those terms, but he needs to cement a place as a regular in the Championship before we can be sure.

Cannons time has gone now, he needs a loan.
If he couldn’t get a start over Maupay at the end of last season and start of this, Dyche won’t suddenly play him. He couldn’t even get mins at the end.
He’s looked better than Maupay in the brief training videos.

There’s about 5 strikers in world football that would score 20+ a season in the Premier League. Lukaku is not one of them and none of them would ever come to Everton.
5 strikers in world football?

Toney scored 20 goals last season.
Wilson got 18 last season.

Lukaku could do the same.

We create plenty of opportunities to score we just have Maupay or DCL, both poor finishers.

Lukaku would score 20 a season for us playing each week.

Nor would prime Messi/Ronaldo etc. If we are signing players with those characteristics we would be looking at Sunday league…

It's how Brighton and Newcastle do their business, horses for courses. It's why neither club has gone out and splurged on a really big name. I'm certain it's how Thelwell is going about it too.

Boniface was the 1 for me.

But yeah, this fella looks decent and a much better option than Cheddar Adams.
Both look like what we need .Boniface better age , looks a brute of a player.

But like the look of Beto in this transition style of play that Dyche favours.
He'd defo be slotting for us and bring others into play.

For the price rumoured he'd do for me.
Get a move on Kevin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back