Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skeptical that we could afford both Beto and Gnonto, or that Udinese would release Beto for a season-long loan without obligation. Or even with.

I'm not sold on Gnonto anyway so if we could get Sulemana on loan and put the "Traore money" into a deal for Beto, that seems a more optimal use of limited resources.

Sulemana, Beto, and another option at CB would mark an ideal end to the window, and in these circumstances, a pretty good window overall, and about as much as we could hope for.

I don't think we'll stretch to three signings though. But there can be no compromise on getting another forward.

5 strikers in world football?

Toney scored 20 goals last season.
Wilson got 18 last season.

Lukaku could do the same.

We create plenty of opportunities to score we just have Maupay or DCL, both poor finishers.

Lukaku would score 20 a season for us playing each week.
Yeah Rom would've been on 3 already this season if he played on Saturday

Skeptical that we could afford both Beto and Gnonto, or that Udinese would release Beto for a season-long loan without obligation. Or even with.

I'm not sold on Gnonto anyway so if we could get Sulemana on loan and put the "Traore money" into a deal for Beto, that seems a more optimal use of limited resources.

Sulemana, Beto, and another option at CB would mark an ideal end to the window, and in these circumstances, a pretty good window overall, and about as much as we could hope for.

I don't think we'll stretch to three signings though. But there can be no compromise on getting another forward.
I know it’s stating the bleeding obvious but we also need to get a move on, not least because of our potentially perilous start to the campaign, but also because whoever we buy or loan from, that club needs to get a replacement. Always baffles me when we go for someone that late in the window, that the selling or loaning club has no time to get a replacement and so won’t do business with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back