Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wouldn't come here so not sure why people are advocating it, but IF he was willing and at an acceptable wage we should be all over it.

His personality is a bit grim when he's always asking to leave, but some of your other points are wrong.

Injured often? He's played nearly 500 games in the last 11 years, he hasn't played less than 35 games a season since he was a teenager.

He's scored goals at every club he's been at, and he'd 100000000% score goals here ( maybe not as many as he did previously ) he would have scored a couple on Saturday
Oh you already did the reply I just did 🤣

“20 goals a season” means guaranteed more or less every season. Not as a one off. Lukaku would not get anywhere near 20 in this team. He didn’t get anywhere near it for Chelsea or United. Yes I’m aware he got it once for us 7 years ago.
I disagree. Rom was played poorly by both Chelsea and United. Here he would start every game and get back to his best very quickly. He’s exactly what we need. Exactly.

Gray will be off to Fulham before the window shuts so that helps with cash for a striker. I would rather loan Cannon as he is a natural finisher and we should be trying to develop him more. Even if he only develops to become a goal scoring option off the bench for us there is real value in that.

He’s not injured that often

There is no way that Rom caused more drama than goals in his time here or has a horrendous personality, the only thing he did was say he wanted to play in the champions league when he played for us and he thought he could get to elite levels which he went on to do after we got mega money for selling him

He would’ve absolutely scored doucoures one on one or one of Maupay’s chances against Fulham, no doubt in my mind

His wages would be the same as Mina’s last season I would imagine as we wouldn’t pay more for anyone

He won’t come here anyway but you were being way to harsh on him, he’s probably the best striker we’ve had in my 30 odd years watching the blues

It’s painfully evident that since he left we have never been the same. We have never got close to replacing him.

Strongly feeling Beto to Fulham while we dither.
Screenshot_20230814_123046_X.webp

I disagree. Rom was played poorly by both Chelsea and United. Here he would start every game and get back to his best very quickly. He’s exactly what we need. Exactly.

That’s just a guess based on absolutely nothing though. How was he used by Chelsea and United and how would we perfectly utilise his strengths exactly? Supplied by Alex Iwobi as opposed to the likes of Juan Mata and Mount?

I know it’s very, very hard, seemingly impossible for our fans to let go of the past and realise he’s not the player he was in 2017, but at some point they’re just going to have to.

That’s just a guess based on absolutely nothing though. How was he used by Chelsea and United and how would we perfectly utilise his strengths exactly?

I know it’s very, very hard, seemingly impossible for our fans to let go of the past and realise he’s not the player he was in 2017, but at some point they’re just going to have to.
People acting like rom was used as an inverted wing back at chelsea and united.

This is getting boring now I’m not happy with it probably no one is but this is just how it is so I’m judging it on the reality of the situation instead of what I’d like it to be because there’s no point doing anything else.
What we know is that make do and do nothing provide us with the same scenarios we see every year .

Get on with it is the message being driven at us by the club left right and centre.

Until enough of us say no and continue to pressure the club to " properly" change upstairs , I and thankfully a few more others will continue to be boring as you stated.

It isn't good enough

People acting like rom was used as an inverted wing back at chelsea and united.

We are a very weird fanbase, was discussing this last week, some people actually fantasise about us bringing back Lukaku, Deulofeu and Barkley as if we’re buying the 2014 versions of those players. If you offered them that as a triple deal they’d not only accept it but absolutely cream their pants over it. I just think the thought of it takes them back to a time when they were younger, fresher and happier, and that’s what they want to be again.

We are a very weird fanbase, was discussing this last week, some people actually fantasise about us bringing back Lukaku, Deulofeu and Barkley as if we’re buying the 2014 versions of those players.
Rom deffo not the destroyer he was in his first spell with us. He’s a good finisher but he’d need plenty of service. Which he won’t get from our lot lol. Would certainly take him back since he’d be better than what we have but it’s just not happening so no point dwelling on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back