Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, but if Mitrovic goes they will need a replacement. Big strikers who are well thought of are not exactly out there in their droves, as we well know.

I just feel that whoever we go for, we are inviting more competition the longer we leave it, and it is for the one position we most desperately need.
Isn’t that why they signed Jimenez?

United and anyone else will not pay over £50-60m.
Only way he goes is if he wants to go, and he’s not that type.

P.S.

Fully expect our board to say £20m and Martial.

People turning down Lukaku in our current state. 😂
You know why? Because we’re way down his totem pole, especially after what Moshiri said about his mum when he was leaving for United

You honestly think that he would put any level of effort in for us? He would happily sit on the grovellingly high wage Penfold would get Gibbon Nose to give him and turn up maybe 2/3 games

Swap deals rarely happen I know but hypothetically in this case would it be a way around some or all of the 20% sell on? I assume that would only count cash received?

So, say 33m (the amount we paid) plus McTominay, there’s no cash profit so maybe we wouldn’t have to pay 20%?

Typically I’d say it’s too late in the window for this sort of thing, but I could genuinely see United (or Chelsea if they hadn’t signed Caicedo) putting down like £80m for Onana, based on the current market for that type of player and their “negotiating skills.” The Antony transfer last summer was so funny to me. Ajax just waited them out and didn’t have to compromise a single bit.

I have no clue what our plan would be to replace him, though. Maybe an expensive striker and budget CM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back