Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still way too low. 60m was the number at the start of the window. With the season started and comparable fees in the market it shouldn’t be 60 now.

Not a chance I would be accepting 60, 75m + in this market with the prices midfielders are going for even then I don't think we should sell unless the offer is too good to turn down. We have to recruit a midfielder too if it happens. He isn't good enough to play at a CL level yet he may well be next summer but he needs another season.

Typically I’d say it’s too late in the window for this sort of thing, but I could genuinely see United (or Chelsea if they hadn’t signed Caicedo) putting down like £80m for Onana, based on the current market for that type of player and their “negotiating skills.” The Antony transfer last summer was so funny to me. Ajax just waited them out and didn’t have to compromise a single bit.

I have no clue what our plan would be to replace him, though. Maybe an expensive striker and budget CM?
This is why I worry about these reports of us wanting 50 or 60. Even if you might settle at 60 the likes of Ajax, West Ham or Brighton show you just say a big number then stick to it.

Typically I’d say it’s too late in the window for this sort of thing, but I could genuinely see United (or Chelsea if they hadn’t signed Caicedo) putting down like £80m for Onana, based on the current market for that type of player and their “negotiating skills.” The Antony transfer last summer was so funny to me. Ajax just waited them out and didn’t have to compromise a single bit.

I have no clue what our plan would be to replace him, though. Maybe an expensive striker and budget CM?
I just don't know how Onana is 50 million less than the likes of Moises and Rice. I take a note from Brighton. They had offers in the 60 70 million range in the winter, and held ground and got an offer close to double that. Yes this is an inflated CDM market but first, an offer in 60 70 doesnt really reflect that and second we all fully expect Onana to improve and appreciate in quality. Id bet that the market will reflect those improvements.

I welcome an Onana sale but the numbers being rumored are comical in relation to us. United have to pay a drastically inflated fee considering how late they've pushed the interest in the window. I would be upset and think we are getting outwitted if its anything under 85.

No, but if Mitrovic goes they will need a replacement. Big strikers who are well thought of are not exactly out there in their droves, as we well know.

I just feel that whoever we go for, we are inviting more competition the longer we leave it, and it is for the one position we most desperately need.
Have Vinícius and jiminez but agree could easily have a club in italy jump in like we had with villa.
People turning down Lukaku in our current state. 😂
Because how much he in on a week and just not a chance he would want come here

Still way too low. 60m was the number at the start of the window. With the season started and comparable fees in the market it shouldn’t be 60 now.

I would have thought we'd need closer to 70m given the market, if not slightly more

I would be telling United £75m and that the ball is in their court. If they bid within £5m of that figure, then we do the deal. Otherwise we don't pick up the phone.

Why don’t we just sign the whole of the magnificent Leeds team from last season, topped up with a couple of Southampton major successes.

My sound club recruitment policy is clearly as well thought out as the clubs current one.

If Alcaraz is still available from Southampton, he was the one we should have been going for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back