Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a chance I would be accepting 60, 75m + in this market with the prices midfielders are going for even then I don't think we should sell unless the offer is too good to turn down. We have to recruit a midfielder too if it happens. He isn't good enough to play at a CL level yet he may well be next summer but he needs another season.
But it’s the only thing that makes any sense to me
First I don’t want him to leave but with geting in Harrison and also wanting the other Leeds lad and a cf that then frees iwobie to play in the Center of the midfield and not out wide and also if we’re ment to be in for the lad from Southampton again means iwobie wont have to play on the wing also we need the money

I would have thought we'd need closer to 70m given the market, if not slightly more

I would be telling United £75m and that the ball is in their court. If they bid within £5m of that figure, then we do the deal. Otherwise we don't pick up the phone.
Yeah I think 75m would be my target number. They value McTominay at 45m and if Onana wasn’t a a significant upgrade, now and for the future, they wouldn’t be bothering. 75m reflects their own valuation.

If true, it will be a Dyche call. Virginia has decent potential and did reasonably well on his last loan. Dyche will want a 'senior pro' though.
Virginia didn't do well on his last loan at all he got dropped in January and didn't play at all in the second half of the season he was being kept out of the team by a goalie who was Sunderland's reserve when they were in league one! I've said a few times I don't feel comfortable with Virginia as the second choice because all the signs are that he's not good enough but I wouldn't be any happier with Alex McCarthy either.

Maybe Chelski will come in if they don't get the lad from Saints they're nuts with money they would easily lash in a 80m bid. Anyway this is a sideshow. We need a striker.

I would have thought we'd need closer to 70m given the market, if not slightly more

I would be telling United £75m and that the ball is in their court. If they bid within £5m of that figure, then we do the deal. Otherwise we don't pick up the phone.
75 is frankly poor in relation to the market. Caicedo Rice are off the market, Lavia looks to be on the move. What are United's other options? And factoring how much those players went for and the lateness to which they are pushing their interest (likely from striking out on the above names) that has to come at a cost. 85 I could rationalize but maybe would think a poor return simply from our leverage position.

And I think we all think Onana is not fool's gold. I see no reason he won't continue to improve. I think the best option is to hold on unless we are wowed.

But it’s the only thing that makes any sense to me
First I don’t want him to leave but with geting in Harrison and also wanting the other Leeds lad and a cf that then frees iwobie to play in the Center of the midfield and not out wide and also if we’re ment to be in for the lad from Southampton again means iwobie wont have to play on the wing also we need the money
I don't like the idea of selling a player with the biggest potential for a knock down fee two weeks before the window closes they should have come in weeks ago if they wanted him. At this stage unless it's a 75/80m offer we shouldn't sell. Obviously he will be sold next summer but he might have developed more and be worth more and we would have more time to source a replacement.

Depends how you look at it. Like most assets, players are worth what someone's willing to pay.
I agree, but as the seller we decide whether we feel the offer is suitable or not.

To me if Lavia is worth £60m, Onana is worth a bit more. I'm not talking Caicedo numbers, but £70m-£75m is what I would be demanding.

I think we can get that next summer if we don't get it now, so that should be our price and we should stick to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back