Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our fans overhype our players.
So much for a Godfrey making the Euro’s/World Cup, Browning being an England regular Too.
Heard it plenty of times and it never happens, he’s done nothing to justify a price anywhere near what’s being quoted.
Luke Garbutt was the second coming of Baines.

So much for a Godfrey making the Euro’s/World Cup, Browning being an England regular Too.
Heard it plenty of times and it never happens, he’s done nothing to justify a price anywhere near what’s being quoted.
To be fair, Browning did become a regular international.

I agree mate, but Onana has a high ceiling imo so we should play the current market.

Im talking about market value at the minute.
Lavia 60m
Ward Prowse 30m (29 years old)
Caicedo 115m
Paqueta 60-70m
Rice 105mil
Gordon 40m
Enzo 100m

Got to be asking for 80m minimum for Onana given the sell-on clause. I'm also certain he'll raise his level considerably this year and start to influence games a great deal more than he did last season, so makes very little sense to move him on right now for 60m or under - especially in light of the fee that Caicedo has just gone for.

If we do get that money, however, I'd be confident that bringing in Gnonto, Ekitiké, Wharton and a new young CB would see us considerably stronger and more balanced than we were at the end of last season.

But Caciedo is the same - absolutely nowhere near a £115m player. In this market, you can slap an extra 20-40m on a player depending on how gullible/desperate the buying club is. Realistically the Benchmark for Onana should be Lavia who's operating at the same level as Onana
The market for selling particular players only exists if clubs want to purchase the player. Arsenal tried to buy Caicedo in the last window and both RS and Chelsea were trying to buy him in this window. That is why the price was so high. That doesn't mean Onana is suddenly worth 70m. It is only when clubs try and buy a player that the value will be determined. Currently, there appears to be no interest in Onana

In my experience, Jacob Steinberg and Alan Myers are not and will never be reputable sources, unless other more trusted people start mentioning it, file it under tosh for now.

Tbh I didn't expect any more signings until deadline day. Yesterday was a surprise but as we've seen, the potential for things to go wrong is always there and only increases if you have all but hours to get a deal done. It's possible that they put in for multiple deals then and fail to pull any of them off.

It's a huge concern, and we simply can't have some post-deadline statement saying how hard they tried, and how tough the market is, and Dyche excusing it. The whole window is a disaster if we fail to get a competent forward in. It doesn't matter how many more or who else we sign. If they fail that test, then the whole summer has been for nothing.
I like Harrison and think he will be a very good addition to this team/squad.

But I think We could of completely fcuked up, if this had already been agreed in principle, which I expect it prob was.
Then it should of been done last wk.

Cos we've now held on to 'Gray' whilst fullham have gone and brought In 'Traore'
So this loan could cost us over 10mil ( of lost Gray money )

If he doesn't move on now, we are gonna be carrying one very unhappy player, and letting him go for free next season. and if we do manage to sell him now, his value has prob dropped as clubs know we want rid of the lad.

The wonders of how we go about business 🤔

Got to be asking for 80m minimum for Onana given the sell-on clause. I'm also certain he'll raise his level considerably this year and start to influence games a great deal more than he did last season, so makes very little sense to move him on right now for 60m or under - especially in light of the fee that Caicedo has just gone for.

If we do get that money, however, I'd be confident that bringing in Gnonto, Ekitiké, Wharton and a new young CB would see us considerably stronger and more balanced than we were at the end of last season.
Yes if we had a different and better team then I'd be more confident too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back