Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody has the info of early stages mate unless you're in the meetings.

However, talk of a bid for Ekitike from certain people and publications were wide of the mark. Fabrice Hawkins (one of - if not the most reliable journalist in France) plus the Athletic have both now confirmed Everton along with no other club have bid for Etikike.

So for the 'you just copy and paste journo's shouts' or 'it's not working as you say' - I went against the grain and against all the noise with the fact. I took abuse, even my missus was tweeted about because of me going against the grain on it. Pathetic stuff.

As much as I'd like him at EFC, I'm glad Fabrice and The Athletic have officially came out and said there has been no bids, just because of the abuse I got over it!
Sorry to hear that Bobble. Hope you and the missus get a break from the idiots soon. I've been appreciating the Media Round-ups lately ;)

It depends how you look at it I suppose I think its not likely that we will sign a striker who is a proper upgrade on Dom if thats what you mean but that doesn't mean that they're looking for someone deliberately as a back up. I know Che Adams is your big fear so just using him as an example he obviously isn't as good as Dom at his best but he has been a starter at a Premier League club for 4 seasons so he's not just back up either if that makes sense.
I would count him as backup, in that he shouldn't be anywhere near the side and Saints fans laugh at how wasteful he is in front of goal. Iheanacho or Daka may push Dom if he's fit for a staring place, but I doubt it. Ekitike or Beto I could imagine taking his place if all goes well.

Don't know of any other strikers we've been linked with. But we need to be doing better than a backup that doesn't score. If DCL is out all season again, or so riddled with injuries that he doesn't score, we need a forward who will get 10 goals or more. That is not Adams. It is unlikely to be Daka or Iheanacho.

I know we can't go out and get a 20 goals a season striker, but we should be trying to get someone who may have the potential to do it, not someone who you know wouldn't do it even if they were allowed to play double the games of every other forward in the league.

It depends how you look at it I suppose I think its not likely that we will sign a striker who is a proper upgrade on Dom if thats what you mean but that doesn't mean that they're looking for someone deliberately as a back up. I know Che Adams is your big fear so just using him as an example he obviously isn't as good as Dom at his best but he has been a starter at a Premier League club for 4 seasons so he's not just back up either if that makes sense.
Maybe we should be thinking about an upgrade on Dom, though. Start thinking of him as the back up and an Ektike grade player as our first choice

Maybe we should be thinking about an upgrade on Dom, though. Start thinking of him as the back up and an Ektike grade player as our first choice
We could upgrade everyone in the squad I agree what i'm saying is realistically its not going to happen whether they want it to or not they are going to struggle to get someone who is an upgrade on a fit Dom a couple of years people were saying he was a 50 or 60 mil player and we're skint so whoever they get probably isn't going to be a level up on him even Ekitike sounds exciting but wouldn't be a clear upgrade at the moment.

2 in, 3 out is what I'm hearing mate or was it 3 in and 2 out, definitely trying for a striker and someone who plays a different position as well. One from abroad and one with experience from England but might have played abroad or is still abroad on his holiday.
Cheers Mac!
Thanks for the list you privately sent me

Much appreciated!
Does the 2 in your saying own a pair of footy boots and shinnys?

Just trying to narrow it down a little.

I would count him as backup, in that he shouldn't be anywhere near the side and Saints fans laugh at how wasteful he is in front of goal. Iheanacho or Daka may push Dom if he's fit for a staring place, but I doubt it. Ekitike or Beto I could imagine taking his place if all goes well.

Don't know of any other strikers we've been linked with. But we need to be doing better than a backup that doesn't score. If DCL is out all season again, or so riddled with injuries that he doesn't score, we need a forward who will get 10 goals or more. That is not Adams. It is unlikely to be Daka or Iheanacho.

I know we can't go out and get a 20 goals a season striker, but we should be trying to get someone who may have the potential to do it, not someone who you know wouldn't do it even if they were allowed to play double the games of every other forward in the league.
Its not about whether he's good enough thats why I used Adams as an example because I know you don't think he is the point is that doesn't mean theyre only signing him to be a back up its just as likely if not more likely that they would see him as a starter but he just isn't that good thats the case with most of the squad thats what i'm getting at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back