Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lack of urgency in signing a starting striker is genuinely odd.

Maupay is a huge gamble.
That is partially the context that led to Maupay.

No question we need an addition or two, but I'd rather losses till the close of the window then a panic addition that adds another name to the lists of unmovables.

Do we even know that we are looking for a starting no 9 though? Seems more likely we are looking at backup for Dom.
Shopping for a backup was the mistake they made last summer. I hope they’re not as naive a second time. They are being positive in public but someone who requires as much nursing as Dom should not be considered your main option.

That is partially the context that led to Maupay.

No question we need an addition or two, but I'd rather losses till the close of the window then a panic addition that adds another name to the lists of unmovables.

Panic additions are far more likely to happen at the end of the window. Maupay was signed in the last week of the window last year, 3 games into the season.

We should’ve had this sorted long before now and then we wouldn’t have needed to desperately scramble around at the last minute for whoever is available. I don’t understand where this idea has come from that the later in the window we leave it, it means we’ve been more thorough and careful and are less likely to panic, it’s the complete opposite.

Let's be honest they didn't have a clue about Harrison and didn't have a clue about chermiti.

Bobble used to be someone who finalised a deal was happening. He never really breaks the news.

He was always good for team news and injury updates but now he's got a podcast and moneys involved. Its like hes trying to be a transfer guru for that and its not working imo. Its more likely to go the other way.

If he says somethings happening ill believe it but I just don't think he has the info to know of the early stages of transfer deals.
Nobody has the info of early stages mate unless you're in the meetings.

However, talk of a bid for Ekitike from certain people and publications were wide of the mark. Fabrice Hawkins (one of - if not the most reliable journalist in France) plus the Athletic have both now confirmed Everton along with no other club have bid for Etikike.

So for the 'you just copy and paste journo's shouts' or 'it's not working as you say' - I went against the grain and against all the noise with the fact. I took abuse, even my missus was tweeted about because of me going against the grain on it. Pathetic stuff.

As much as I'd like him at EFC, I'm glad Fabrice and The Athletic have officially came out and said there has been no bids, just because of the abuse I got over it!

Nobody has the info of early stages mate unless you're in the meetings.

However, talk of a bid for Ekitike from certain people and publications were wide of the mark. Fabrice Hawkins (one of - if not the most reliable journalist in France) plus the Athletic have both now confirmed Everton along with no other club have bid for Etikike.

So for the 'you just copy and paste journo's shouts' or 'it's not working as you say' - I went against the grain and against all the noise with the fact. I took abuse, even my missus was tweeted about because of me going against the grain on it. Pathetic stuff.

As much as I'd like him at EFC, I'm glad Fabrice and The Athletic have officially came out and said there has been no bids, just because of the abuse I got over it!

Try to remember mate, the abuse you get is aimed at that little Bobble on your hat, not at you. You have a different name, so whenever anyone fires crap at you spare a thought for the Bobble on your head which is taking all the flak but shielding you from it.

If I was you, I'd give that Bobble a name, like Brian. No one ever messes with people called Brian.

Think they'll resort to Daka on deadline day if nothing else is happening. That seems to be the most straightforward deal to make in a tight timeframe and he's not getting a look in at Leicester.

After Harrison and Danjuma , I don’t see why we’re still looking for wingers. Gnonto would be nice, especially if Gray leaves, but surely…surely the next signing has to be a senior striker (will all due respect to Chermiti and that Chelsea lad we’re trailing). We have a 4 million odd point bid on the table for Cannon and everything is stalling.

We really do need a striker, we can’t rely on DCL and this has been known for a while. I’d say it’s probably the most difficult position on the pitch to get quality.

I think Gray will go. Even at that, having options in forward areas is something I’m very much in favour of.

Try to remember mate, the abuse you get is aimed at that little Bobble on your hat, not at you. You have a different name, so whenever anyone fires crap at you spare a thought for the Bobble on your head which is taking all the flak but shielding you from it.

If I was you, I'd give that Bobble a name, like Brian. No one ever messes with people called Brian.
Isn’t Brian Bobble the lad who plays up front for Ajax?

Do we even know that we are looking for a starting no 9 though? Seems more likely we are looking at backup for Dom.
It depends how you look at it I suppose I think its not likely that we will sign a striker who is a proper upgrade on Dom if thats what you mean but that doesn't mean that they're looking for someone deliberately as a back up. I know Che Adams is your big fear so just using him as an example he obviously isn't as good as Dom at his best but he has been a starter at a Premier League club for 4 seasons so he's not just back up either if that makes sense.

Deals take time because we are not offering big money, so clubs will only sell when they are sure nobody else will offer more, in the case of Gnonto they only paid £4m for him so he is properly only on low wages which are manageable in the championship, so us offering £15m over 4-5 years is probably not that interesting to Leeds, no matter what the player wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back