Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

The gnonto deal must be getting closer with him training on his own just looks after reading what bobble was saying. And well the amount of players leeds need to bring in aswell, but is weird the cf talk just gone quiet
Hope so but if its true and they want 25 million with what has gone on this week that seems small change to many clubs apart from us , always us

Onana saying to another player "I am playing every week so come here" isn't relevant because that player might NOT play every week, if that makes sense?

Ahh no, i meant Onana can speak with him and in Bakayoko's mind he (and Onana) may enjoy being at the same club.

Bakayoko could choose us due to that and also because he would start every game for us.

He may not at PSG or Napoli.

Shocked if he comes in with gnonto would be one of the two, would be crazy go for both when money is still tight when we need a cf
If we look at the situation with contracts:

McNeil (2027)
Dobbin (2025)
Gray (2024 + 1 year option)
Danjuma (2024)
Harrison (2024)
Iwobi (2024)
Doucoure (2024)
Dele (2024)

If we were able to bring in both Gnonto and Bakayoko this season, it would mean that our starting 11 next season is pretty cemented.

As things are now theres not much continuity with so many loans/soon to be out of contract players. These 2 signings would solve that.

Bring in a centre forward on loan from somewhere. If we could land these two.

Then next summer activate the forwards option or that becomes the sole first 11 signing required unless Chermiti shows hes up to it.

If, for arguments sake we did sign both, with Gnonto moving inside, there would be no way we sign a striker as well, and we desperately need one of those (who isn't Che Adams).

Your scenario would only happen if we are selling Iwobi (unlikely) and even then I have my doubts we'd get both

A few moves mooted of course and hopefully someone does come in for Iwobi.

In 12 months time we could look like this:

Pickford
Patterson Tarkowski Branthwaite Myko
Garner Onana
Bakayoko Gnonto McNeil
Chermiti
On paper thats a really exciting team and something i hope were aspiring towards.

Bring in a centre forward on loan this season and perhaps Chermiti is ready in 12months.

Status
Not open for further replies.