McNeil (2027)
Dobbin (2025)
Gray (2024 + 1 year option)
Danjuma (2024)
Harrison (2024)
Iwobi (2024)
Doucoure (2024)
Dele (2024)

If we were able to bring in both Gnonto and Bakayoko this season, it would mean that our starting 11 next season is pretty cemented.

As things are now theres not much continuity with so many loans/soon to be out of contract players. These 2 signings would solve that.

Bring in a centre forward on loan from somewhere. If we could land these two.

Then next summer activate the forwards option or that becomes the sole first 11 signing required unless Chermiti shows hes up to it.

A few moves mooted of course and hopefully someone does come in for Iwobi.

In 12 months time we could look like this:

Pickford
Patterson Tarkowski Branthwaite Myko
Garner Onana
Bakayoko Gnonto McNeil
Chermiti
On paper thats a really exciting team and something i hope were aspiring towards.

Bring in a centre forward on loan this season and perhaps Chermiti is ready in 12months.
In 12 months' time Dyche will still be playing Young and Coleman (new deals), Keane and Doucoure (new deal) mate. No way he transitions the team to youth so quickly. Not his way.

Plus, Onana will be the big sale next summer to keep us ticking over.

Of course he’s out of our league. Plays in Holland mate.
giphy.gif

In 12 months' time Dyche will still be playing Young and Coleman (new deals), Keane and Doucoure (new deal) mate. No way he transitions the team to youth so quickly. Not his way.

Plus, Onana will be the big sale next summer to keep us ticking over.

If the younger players show they are superior this season then id be surprised if he played the older chaps next year.

Also by bringing in these 2 players and if we sold Onana next season the fee would be able to cover a replacement and fewer signings would be needed.

A loan Centre forward + these two then a sale of Onana next season (hopefully not) could mean a high calibre midfielder and a higher level centre forward.

Guys..guys...guyyyys.

I'll say it slowly.

We ain't getting Bakayoko.

Chill
I think we could get him if we really went for it (even though it would be a long shot), but we have pursued Gnonto all summer, I doubt we'd be going for Bakayoko now. And, no matter what anyone says, we ain't getting both.

The more I think about it, the more I think it will be agent nonsense to get Napoli or PSG to hurry up.

Might be a slightly controversial/unpopular opinion this, but...

I reckon we'll only make one more signing between now and the end of the window and it seems pretty clear that we want Gnonto and are playing the waiting game with Leeds.

Beyond that.. I reckon we'll go in late for another centre forward only if we're still uncertain on DCL's long term fitness heading into the last week (post-Wolves).

It's risky like, but it's clear that the club want to be super conservative with how much money is spent this summer.
If that is the case Bramley Moore will be the best ground in the championship when we move in. We shouldn't even contemplate spending money on Gnonto before we have a competent centre forward in. That's not to say I don't rate Gnonto, because I do, but if it's a choice between signing him or a centre forward, then priority must be given to the centre forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.