Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dom should absolutely be considered our main striker, but an insurance policy, that being an experienced and impactful second striker has to be taken out.

If we don't get one, then I would agree with your assessment.

….you don’t buy a 2nd or back-up striker, you buy a striker good enough to play. Look how many league games DCL has failed to start in the last 18 months, we need an effective and robust striker.

….you don’t buy a 2nd or back-up striker, you buy a striker good enough to play. Look how many league games DCL has failed to start in the last 18 months, we need an effective and robust striker.
Well that is what I meant when I said 'experienced and impactful' second striker. It is the same thing, we simply don't have £40m to buy another DCL which is what you want, so we will need to find someone that can seamlessly fill in as an understudy. It's the unfortunate reality of our financial position.

We gonna be happy with McNeil, Harrison, Danjuma & Gnoto then?
We need 5/6 players for the 3 attacking/wide midfield positions.

Iwobi / Danjuma / Doucoure /Harrison contracts expire in 9months

McNeil / Dobbin / Gnonto / Bakayoko and one of the others who performs well would be ideal.

To answer your question, id love us to sign Gnonto + Bakayoko. We dont have a true right winger.

Unless we believe Gnoto can be played as a striker I don’t understand the drawn out and continued pursuit of him instead of the same funds and effort going in to landing a striker?

Or alternatively the plan is to play McNeill as a striker and Gnoto takes up his left wing position??

Wholeheartedly agree. However, 'robust' will soon be knocked out of him (whoever that may be) as soon as he dons the Royal Blue jersey. It's the Everton way!

I think Dyche wants to spread the goals around by bringing in these wide players and rely on Chermiti and Danjuma to rotate the striker role. Risky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back