Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Dyche wants to spread the goals around by bringing in these wide players and rely on Chermiti and Danjuma to rotate the striker role. Risky.

…..we need goals and attacking threat from wide areas (think Steven & Sheedy; Morrisey & Husband) but it doesn’t negate the requirement for an effective central striker.

it’s not one or the other, it’s both.

Dom should absolutely be considered our main striker, but an insurance policy, that being an experienced and impactful second striker has to be taken out.

If we don't get one, then I would agree with your assessment.
2 seasons have shown he can't be our main striker as he simply can't play enough.

By all means use this season to see if he can play consistently - but that is an experiment, not a plan.

None of the players Danjuma, Gnonto, McNeil, Maupay et al can win the headers and hold the ball up like Dom hence why a striker of his ilk (a fit one) is a necessity not a need

2 seasons have shown he can't be our main striker as he simply can't play enough.

By all means use this season to see if he can play consistently - but that is an experiment, not a plan.
I agree with you but to be fair to Everton I think we have to remember we're on the outside of it we don't know anything about Dom we're just fearing the worst because its natural as a fan but his fitness isn't just down to Sean Dyche guessing whether he can play its down to doctors and physios and sport scientists so its not as easy as saying he got injured before so he will again if they say he's over his fitness problems then it is a bit different.

It's true we can't rely on him, but I very much doubt that we can afford a striker as good or better than him. So we have to get a player who can provide cover/push for his place.

But if fit DCL plays unless the other guy is in better form.

Exactly. They are planning with DCL classed as the main striker. They just don’t learn.
It's been the case under different managers and different DoF's now though and it's always the same. I reckon Billy boy is telling them he wants to see Dom up top, far be it from him to meddle in first team affairs.

Exactly. They are planning with DCL classed as the main striker. They just don’t learn.
If that's how they go this season, then unfortunately they don't deserve the benefit of the doubt when things go wrong. It will also end up getting another manager the sack as well. The team can't function without a good striker who is available most weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back