Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree with you. We can all see Garner being moved around when hes clearly tailor made to partner Onana.

We can see Branthwaite benched for Keane -- who let the team, fans and Dyche himself down last season.

We can see Maupay and Iwobi in the team.

I keep banging on about this but next summer and 2025 we have so many players out of contract. Our attacking midfield and centre back positions will be decimated.

It is illogical to me for us to be signing 1 year stopgaps without the promise of youth.

Chermiti will need to develop rapidly to be ready in 12months time (when we all want Adams sold).

But we need Gnonto + one other at the same level to come in purely for building before the dross are out of contract.
Though I agree with your premise, it doesn't specifically have to be a 30odd mil gnonto, it could be someone else. If buying gnonto means we have to buy Adams whom we know is subpar then we should be finding better deals.
Both those players are from relegated sides, it's unimaginative, lacks due diligence, and is extremely frustrating because there is a straight line drawable from this kind of behaviour to the position we are in, and still we do it.
Gnonto looks busy and tricky, but there is no guarantee there's profit there for resale, we could be the only big profit sale.

Still don’t know why we wouldn’t go for Nacho if we are in the Che Adams bargain basement rather than a Beto. I know I‘ll be hammered on here but Adams would do a job and fit well into Dyche set up and reckon would be good for 10+ goals!

For anyone saying “he’s better than Maupay,” last season the same people were saying “Maupay is better than Rondon.”

If we keep signing strikers who don’t score, we will keep continuing to struggle for goals, simple as that.
But he does score; or tries to score.

Since he’s been in the PL he has scored:
4 in 30
9 in 36
7 in 30
5 in 28

Pitiful. The season we bought Maupay he had just scored 8. Adams was outscored last season by McNeil and Gray.
But we are signing another striker.

Maupay is very poor, he was better when he played for Brighton.

Who says Adams won't be better when he plays for Everton?

I think the timing of the bid going in now might indicate we’ve gave up on Gnonto, only for us to try again on deadline day and fail valiantly.

Also I wouldn’t be surprised if Southampton reject it and we are thick enough to go back with more, 15/16m. Maddening.

I don't think he's all that bad and will be much better than Maupay for us, but still behind Calvert-Lewin.

Strong to hold up the ball, has a bit of pace so he can run channels and will fit the style of football we want to play, which isn't hoof ball as a lot on here like to say, it's just getting the ball forward quickly and working hard.

The big obvious issue is that he won't get us many goals, it's how he can fit into the system and help the team get more. So we need Calvert-Lewin, McNeill and Harrison fit asap, Doucoure and the rest of the team starting to score and bringing in another wide player that can also add goals.

Not who I'd want, but with the limited budget we have I can see why they would go for him and hopefully it works out well.

Status
Not open for further replies.