Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Che Adams must not be our top target at the beginning.
Signing him just means we are failure in the transfer market. I would say we get a PL experienced striker only. I dont expect too much on him and we all know he does not have a good track record. I just hope him to help with others more on the pitch.

he’s about the 50th choice

Morning mates and welcome to the 18th of August Everton transfer 💩 show…..

Everton and West Ham are interested in signing Porto's Portuguese winger Goncalo Borges, 22. (Fabrizio Romano)

Borges made his debut for Porto B in August 2019 and went onto make a total of 31 appearances and netted five goals. While featuring for the youth side, the youngster also made senior debut in December 2021 before raking in 10 appearances in the Primeira Liga during the 2022-23 season. Borges is yet to score in senior football but already has the Primeira Liga title, Taca de Portugal, Taca da Liga and Supertaca Candido de Oliveira under his belt.

Everton’s search for a centre-forward has moved one step forward with the club submitting a bid for Che Adams.(Echo)

Everton have been told that Southampton want £15million for striker Che Adams, sources have told Football Insider. The Merseysiders have submitted a £12m bid for the 27-year-old, who is keen to leave the Saints following their demotion from the Premier League. Everton are reportedly closing in on a deal for Adams and already have an agreement in principle with him over personal terms.

Former Manchester United defender Paul Parker believes the Premier League giants should choose Fiorentina’s Sofyan Amrabat over Everton’s Amadou Onana if Erik ten Hag is given the chance to bring in a new midfielder.

According to The Guardian, Manchester United have approached Everton about a deal for Belgium international Amadou Onana; however, he would cost a minimum of £50 million to prize away from Merseyside.

Speaking to GIVEMESPORT, transfer guru Romano has confirmed that Onana is a target for Manchester United; nevertheless, he expects the Red Devils to try and 'find a way' to sign Amrabat before exploring the Everton enforcers' availability.

Romano stated: “Onana is another player they have on the list. He’s a player they appreciate and have been considering already in the past. Currently, it’s not something advanced.

“The price is completely different because he's more than double what you would spend for Amrabat, who could cost something around €27m-€28m (£23m-£24m). So, that's why I expect United to try and find a way to sign Amrabat. Otherwise, there could be some other option.”

Fabrizio Romano expects wantaway Leeds United forward Willy Gnonto to get his wish by joining Everton before the transfer window closes. Everton have had four bids rejected for the Italy international, the latest in the region of £25million with add-ons included [Sky Sports].

Everton are unlikely to secure the signing of Southampton attacker Kamaldeen Sulemana. According to the BBC, Dyche's side are unlikely to sign the Saints' star due to the two sides' failure to come to a compromise on a deal.​

Thanks mate;

We could sign 2 Che's for the same price as Gnoto
We should go for Che and Solanke
2 for 1. Bournemouth are signing too many good players like Tyler Adams. And we sign Che. Bloody hell fire
Get us a proper squad ready for the Championship
Good planning
I'm fed up

IMG_0550.webp

so we aren’t signing him?

he’s utter dung
You and your people (you know who you are) certainly have a distorted view of EFC...we are a lower table to relegation bound club and the only players we will attract are players of a similar ilk or young unproven players. We have signed both types in this window so the sooner you accept that the better for you mental health.

Regards...

You and your people (you know who you are) certainly have a distorted view of EFC...we are a lower table to relegation bound club and the only players we will attract are players of a similar ilk or young unproven players. We have signed both types in this window so the sooner you accept that the better for you mental health.

Regards...
And we got there through poor signings

he’s about the 50th choice

If he does come in and put in a Marcus Bent type performance for the season I’ll be happy.

He’s not who I wanted, I suppose wanted someone new, young and relatively unknown, maybe like the Franca kid Palace signed? The problem is we aren’t very good and we don’t have much money which isn’t a great combination.

I think I’d prefer a loan with an option to buy rather than committing to a 4+ year deal. The problem we have now is that we’re dealing with a club who have sold 2 players for close to £100m so they probably aren’t under any pressure to sell.

Not convinced on this to be honest - if anyone made that point then I'm sure they're saying Maupay was a better backup than Rondon but they're worlds apart.

Can you answer three questions for me?

What should be Everton's main/realistic objective for this season?

How much money do you think we can spend on a striker?

For that fee, who do you think we should be trying to sign?
I'll do my best.

Survival.

Not a lot.

No idea. I stopped watching other leagues years ago, barely watch PL games that don't involve Everton any more, come to think of it I'll do almost anything to avoid watching Everton post-Benitez. But that's why we spend loads on scouting networks and DoFs and don't rely on middle aged blokes that don't work in football. Whilst Adams might turn out to be OK, we know he's not going to be better than OK. Very few players dramatically improve in the second half of their twenties. Had we signed someone younger from a less glamorous league maybe they'd have a higher ceiling, that's got to be the goal of paying for scouting outside these isles. Maybe Chermitti will be that, Dyche sounds pretty non-plussed about the kid but who knows?

If he does come in and put in a Marcus Bent type performance for the season I’ll be happy.

He’s not who I wanted, I suppose wanted someone new, young and relatively unknown, maybe like the Franca kid Palace signed? The problem is we aren’t very good and we don’t have much money which isn’t a great combination.

I think I’d prefer a loan with an option to buy rather than committing to a 4+ year deal. The problem we have now is that we’re dealing with a club who have sold 2 players for close to £100m so they probably aren’t under any pressure to sell.
Unknown and potential kids we have signed Chermiti. He will shine about 1-2 years later. We actually need a proven striker over or near 30 years old to fill in the gap between DCL and Chermiti.
If we have that money, Lukaku should be the first choice but we dont haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back