Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go through our squad and take every players best goalscoring season.

Exclude Calvert-Lewin and Dele for obvious reasons.

If they all manage to repeat their best ever goalscoring season this season, we still don't have enough goals.

Was like this last season, Thelwell was relying on Gordon and Gray hitting double figures for us to be mid table, it was absurd.

You're just being silly now its not about not getting people from abroad its about accepting that you're not necessarily automatically better just because you're coming from abroad. Alls i'm saying is although you might initially be more excited about Boulaye Dia and Beto than Che Adams the exact same criticisms can be levelled at them because that is the market we're shopping in and its just not very likely that they would come here and score 15 goals.
Have you ever watched the two of them play? Or looked up how they've done? Read fan opinions? Journalistic pieces?

I don't know how you could compare those two to Adams with a straight face.

The Maupay gambit.

I don't think so mate.

Maupay was never a replacement for Calvert-Lewin. Even our recruitment team knew/know that - he's just ended up upfront out of necessity just like Gordon and Gray. There's a reason we were trying to sign Broja and countless others after signing Maupay.

Adams IMO is much more suited to occupy that role for us. Doesn't mean he's a good signing, but if Adams was in our team now - he'd be starting on Sunday.

I don't think so mate.

Maupay was never a replacement for Calvert-Lewin. Even our recruitment team knew/know that - he's just ended up upfront out of necessity just like Gordon and Gray. There's a reason we were trying to sign Broja and countless others after signing Maupay.

Adams IMO is much more suited to occupy that role for us. Doesn't mean he's a good signing, but if Adams was in our team now - he'd be starting on Sunday.
Like Maupay.

Was like this last season, Thelwell was relying on Gordon and Gray hitting double figures for us to be mid table, it was absurd.

Indeed, it's all I banged on about - like a stuck record.

If players had never scored the goals (or even provided the assists/chances in the final third), why would we expect a handful to suddenly start doing so? Thankfully McNeil added goals to his game.

Glad to see Harrison come in, hopefully he and an improving McNeil make a big difference.

Exactly! Thats what i'm talking about i don't care about being a little kid going out getting a fancy name on the back of my shirt and tweeting people saying we've signed a future star like some people seem to want more than anything I just care about what they do on the pitch and the fact is the difference is not likely to be very big. Che Adams is not the striker I wanted us to sign I am not excited by this or saying this is great i'm just realistic enough to know that the chances of us signing anybody much better than him are not high.
I feel sorry for you that we never got relegated mate. You'd have loved it down there with these views.

Still find it amazing that we've never even tried Maupay with another striker. Not even like 10 mins of a friendly or anything.

Don't think we've ever had another striker to try him with?

Can't ever see Dyche considering that now anyway - but I do think initially when we signed him we saw Maupay as a squad player who'd play off the striker (Calvert-Lewin or Broja etc who we were trying to sign after Maupay) and occasionally come off the bench to support.

Indeed, it's all I banged on about - like a stuck record.

If players had never scored the goals (or even provided the assists/chances in the final third), why would we expect a handful to suddenly start doing so? Thankfully McNeil added goals to his game.

Glad to see Harrison come in, hopefully he and an improving McNeil make a big difference.
And Danjuma and Gnonto or whoever else we sign

Have you ever watched the two of them play? Or looked up how they've done? Read fan opinions? Journalistic pieces?

I don't know how you could compare those two to Adams with a straight face.
I’ve seen bits of them I won’t pretend it’s a lot because I’m not one of them who acts like they’re a pro scout because they have fifa and their mum lets them have BT sport in their bedroom. Beto is 25 he has no international caps scored 10 in Italy and the last journalistic piece I read on him said he gave the ball away almost every he got it so I can’t imagine he’s as good as you say but I guess we’ll see when he signs for Fulham.

He’s not in the same class as DCL at winning headers or holding the ball up, not even close.

For someone who doesn’t want Adams your attitude to his signing is interesting
No where have I or anyone suggested he is as good as DCL. The fact is, he would allow us to play the same way, that is why I presume we are looking at him if we even are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back