Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

But we already know that Adams is awful. At least with Dia, Toure, Beto, Ekitike etc. we could have had a few weeks of hope
Maybe we approached all them and they rejected us. No one knows who we have gone for and been rejected by, we literally mightn’t have no choice but go to the likes of Adams. The fans would be far worse come September and no one comes in.

It was Jonny Evans last month, Longstaff Jonjo Shelvey etc

Put the bleach down
Not sure he's staying at United now that Maguire to West Ham is off

I am biased because I support Northern ireland, but signing Evans for a year and allowing Holgate to go isn't the worst idea in the world. Gives Branthwaite another year to get ready to play every week going forward.

Well with Bobble confirming it he's all but signed. Not a glamourous signing by any means but I'm sure he'll work hard and do a job for us, which is more that can be said for a lot of other strikers we've had in recent times. I'll back him to do alright here. Hopefully his presence in the squad allows Calvert Lewin to recover properly with less pressure on him and allows Chermiti to develop with less pressure on him, and generally on the pitch he'll help the team get further forward and create more goal scoring chances, mightn't score a lot himself but 5-8 goals and contributing to our style of play will genuinely be the biggest impact a striker has had on Everton in the past 10 years aside from Lukaku and Calvert Lewin.

Well with Bobble confirming it he's all but signed. Not a glamourous signing by any means but I'm sure he'll work hard and do a job for us, which is more that can be said for a lot of other strikers we've had in recent times. I'll back him to do alright here. Hopefully his presence in the squad allows Calvert Lewin to recover properly with less pressure on him and allows Chermiti to develop with less pressure on him, and generally on the pitch he'll help the team get further forward and create more goal scoring chances, mightn't score a lot himself but 5-8 goals and contributing to our style of play will genuinely be the biggest impact a striker has had on Everton in the past 10 years aside from Lukaku and Calvert Lewin.
Like Maupay was going to score.

That last sentence is the most depressing statement anyone has ever made about this club.

We will have both Maupay and Adams if he signs. A marvellous opportunity to find out which is marginally better

Amazing how many fans are happy to justify these types of signings, I suppose it’s the culmination of Bill playing us down as plucky old Everton over the years. Signing 5 goal a season strikers is seen as something to be happy about.

I don’t want either of adams or maupay leading our frontline for most of the season but adams is far better than maupay and offers far more to a team outside of goals too similar to what Marcus bent was like

Since last season

Maupay 29 games 1 goal 1 assist, whilst offering absolutely nothing to the squad.

Adams 36 games, 12 goals and 3 assists. His play and movement will help the squad more than maupay ever would.

Adams would have scored Maupays chances last week.

ex father in law is a Southampton season ticket holder and due to not liking him I’ve watched quite a lot of their games wanting them to lose so have watched adams plenty and unfortunately had to watch maupay play for us.

We should be aiming for higher but due to an awful owner and chairman we are where we are. If it’s a choice of going for better then of course we should, if it’s a Choice of going with Maupay or adams then we’d be far better off with adams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back