Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, no - as he'd be ahead of Maupay.
I meant Maupay will start on Sunday.

Look, I get it, Adams style fits Dycheball a bit better than Maupay. My point was that Maupay was supposedly a bit better than Rondon and that was the justification for bringing him in. Various posters, who are unenthusiastic about Adams signing on the whole, are arguing that Adams is a bit better than Maupay. I'm just saying that being a bit better than a demonstrably bad player shouldn't be how we run our scouting.

It's very clear that Adams isn't the club's first choice, it's also clear that he won't be all that cheap. The fee is not looking like great value to me but more concerning is the whole package, at his age he'll want four years on his contract and he'll also want a substantial wage, "premier league proven" cuts both ways. Loads of folk on here are talking about Adams as a stopgap or as a backup but he won't see himself as such and will want a package that reflects his status as an important first team player. Why shouldn't he? He's on a good wedge at Soton and holds more cards than we do with supposed interest from Forest and Bournemouth.

TL: DR Adams isn't worth it based on finance and goals contributions imo.

I don't think so mate.

Maupay was never a replacement for Calvert-Lewin. Even our recruitment team knew/know that - he's just ended up upfront out of necessity just like Gordon and Gray. There's a reason we were trying to sign Broja and countless others after signing Maupay.

Adams IMO is much more suited to occupy that role for us. Doesn't mean he's a good signing, but if Adams was in our team now - he'd be starting on Sunday.

If he was in our team last Saturday we win that three nil.

My point was that Maupay was supposedly a bit better than Rondon and that was the justification for bringing him in.

Not convinced on this to be honest - if anyone made that point then I'm sure they're saying Maupay was a better backup than Rondon but they're worlds apart.

I meant Maupay will start on Sunday.

Look, I get it, Adams style fits Dycheball a bit better than Maupay. My point was that Maupay was supposedly a bit better than Rondon and that was the justification for bringing him in. Various posters, who are unenthusiastic about Adams signing on the whole, are arguing that Adams is a bit better than Maupay. I'm just saying that being a bit better than a demonstrably bad player shouldn't be how we run our scouting.

It's very clear that Adams isn't the club's first choice, it's also clear that he won't be all that cheap. The fee is not looking like great value to me but more concerning is the whole package, at his age he'll want four years on his contract and he'll also want a substantial wage, "premier league proven" cuts both ways. Loads of folk on here are talking about Adams as a stopgap or as a backup but he won't see himself as such and will want a package that reflects his status as an important first team player. Why shouldn't he? He's on a good wedge at Soton and holds more cards than we do with supposed interest from Forest and Bournemouth.

TL: DR Adams isn't worth it based on finance and goals contributions imo.

Can you answer three questions for me?

What should be Everton's main/realistic objective for this season?

How much money do you think we can spend on a striker?

For that fee, who do you think we should be trying to sign?

Morning mates and welcome to the 18th of August Everton transfer 💩 show…..

Everton and West Ham are interested in signing Porto's Portuguese winger Goncalo Borges, 22. (Fabrizio Romano)

Borges made his debut for Porto B in August 2019 and went onto make a total of 31 appearances and netted five goals. While featuring for the youth side, the youngster also made senior debut in December 2021 before raking in 10 appearances in the Primeira Liga during the 2022-23 season. Borges is yet to score in senior football but already has the Primeira Liga title, Taca de Portugal, Taca da Liga and Supertaca Candido de Oliveira under his belt.

Everton’s search for a centre-forward has moved one step forward with the club submitting a bid for Che Adams.(Echo)

Everton have been told that Southampton want £15million for striker Che Adams, sources have told Football Insider. The Merseysiders have submitted a £12m bid for the 27-year-old, who is keen to leave the Saints following their demotion from the Premier League. Everton are reportedly closing in on a deal for Adams and already have an agreement in principle with him over personal terms.

Former Manchester United defender Paul Parker believes the Premier League giants should choose Fiorentina’s Sofyan Amrabat over Everton’s Amadou Onana if Erik ten Hag is given the chance to bring in a new midfielder.

According to The Guardian, Manchester United have approached Everton about a deal for Belgium international Amadou Onana; however, he would cost a minimum of £50 million to prize away from Merseyside.

Speaking to GIVEMESPORT, transfer guru Romano has confirmed that Onana is a target for Manchester United; nevertheless, he expects the Red Devils to try and 'find a way' to sign Amrabat before exploring the Everton enforcers' availability.

Romano stated: “Onana is another player they have on the list. He’s a player they appreciate and have been considering already in the past. Currently, it’s not something advanced.

“The price is completely different because he's more than double what you would spend for Amrabat, who could cost something around €27m-€28m (£23m-£24m). So, that's why I expect United to try and find a way to sign Amrabat. Otherwise, there could be some other option.”

Fabrizio Romano expects wantaway Leeds United forward Willy Gnonto to get his wish by joining Everton before the transfer window closes. Everton have had four bids rejected for the Italy international, the latest in the region of £25million with add-ons included [Sky Sports].

Everton are unlikely to secure the signing of Southampton attacker Kamaldeen Sulemana. According to the BBC, Dyche's side are unlikely to sign the Saints' star due to the two sides' failure to come to a compromise on a deal.​

I find it mad that after 6 years we are still intent on looking for a striker to hold the ball up, and if he scores it’s a benefit.

Numerous manager, numerous DoF, yet the principle remains the same.

Must clubs adapt to new philosophies and ways of playing; we don’t. Intent on looking for a certain type of player so the club can play a certain type of way.

I was shocked when we were linked Daka (not saying he’s good btw) and Gnoto; thinking “oh maybe we’ll change how we play, become a real fast counter attacking side and go for pure pace to turn teams around”

IMG_20230818_114750.webp
christ I know maupay is a crap finisher but that discrepancy is absolutely ridiculous

Che Adams must not be our top target at the beginning.
Signing him just means we are failure in the transfer market. I would say we get a PL experienced striker only. I dont expect too much on him and we all know he does not have a good track record. I just hope him to help with others more on the pitch.

I find it mad that after 6 years we are still intent on looking for a striker to hold the ball up, and if he scores it’s a benefit.

Numerous manager, numerous DoF, yet the principle remains the same.

Must clubs adapt to new philosophies and ways of playing; we don’t. Intent on looking for a certain type of player so the club can play a certain type of way.

I was shocked when we were linked Daka (not saying he’s good btw) and Gnoto; thinking “oh maybe we’ll change how we play, become a real fast counter attacking side and go for pure pace to turn teams around”
I agree with you about the last 6 years but this summer I don't think we have much choice the money clearly isn't there an we don't have players who can pass so for the time being I think a striker who helps us to play the percentages is the right move hopefully we will move away from it soon though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back