Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
After 2 years considering, mulling, evaluating and procrastinating on potential additions to the cf position at Everton FC, Che is the main man we end up going for?!

There’s a whole world of players out there in the various leagues, and the brains trust at Everton think he’s our best option?

There is value out there if you can be arsed looking - city got Alvarez for £15mill - proven goalscorer just not in the prem.

Go for piroe from Swansea instead - similar fee?oh sorry, no prem experience, bin him.

We will sign chermiti and not play him by the sound of it - waste of time.

Should have not signed him, put that money with what we’re offering the saints for Che and throw it at lukaku instead.

The club have learned nothing, and nothing has changed or will change while moshiri and kenwright are here.

Still don’t know why we wouldn’t go for Nacho if we are in the Che Adams bargain basement rather than a Beto. I know I‘ll be hammered on here but Adams would do a job and fit well into Dyche set up and reckon would be good for 10+ goals!

He has never in his life scored 10 Premier League goals, what has led you to that conclusion?

Pure bloody faith that all Che Everton Adams needs is to play for Everton in order for all of the stars to align so it brings out his superpower of being a 10 goal a season striker.

#believe
Plus he’s a Jock CF - they’ve done alright at everton in the past.

#believe

You and your people (you know who you are) certainly have a distorted view of EFC...we are a lower table to relegation bound club and the only players we will attract are players of a similar ilk or young unproven players. We have signed both types in this window so the sooner you accept that the better for you mental health.

Regards...

Which raises the question how did we get in the situation you describe in the first place and even worse why was it allowed to

I'll do my best.

Survival.

Not a lot.

No idea. I stopped watching other leagues years ago, barely watch PL games that don't involve Everton any more, come to think of it I'll do almost anything to avoid watching Everton post-Benitez. But that's why we spend loads on scouting networks and DoFs and don't rely on middle aged blokes that don't work in football. Whilst Adams might turn out to be OK, we know he's not going to be better than OK. Very few players dramatically improve in the second half of their twenties. Had we signed someone younger from a less glamorous league maybe they'd have a higher ceiling, that's got to be the goal of paying for scouting outside these isles. Maybe Chermitti will be that, Dyche sounds pretty non-plussed about the kid but who knows?

I hear you, me too mate. There's players who start for premier league teams who I've never heard of these days.

Survivals the aim, and we haven't got a pot to piss in. We agree on that.

I think we differ on where to spend the buttons we have - you either go for an almost guaranteed baseline of performance - even if that performance is low. Or you take a risk and as you say, "from a less glamorous league maybe they'd have a higher ceiling"

I shared my view earlier on that in the Che Adams thread which I'll share again below - sadly, considering it's all about survival for us at the moment - I don't think we have the luxury to make that gamble;

Mate come off it.

We were half an hour/a wonder strike from relegation last season - A direct consequence of a team who couldn't score goals - our lowest ever goalscoring Prem season.

There's no way on gods earth we should be relying on a 19 year old kid, 4th choice from Sporting. I've heard from people (Podcasts) who watch Sporting commenting on the transfer and they're all bemused - the best they could do was compare him to a raw Calvert-Lewin but all said he's never ready to carry us right now. Within 3 games when people twig his first touch and control, the knives would be out.

Che Adams isn't ideal either, I get it - but he's better than having Gordon, Gray, or Maupay upfront as we did last season.

It's not good enough, but you said for £12/15m we should have someone better than Che Adams and I certainly can't think of anyone who ticks as many boxes as him for us.

I've given examples from Jan - Onuachu (£18.6m to Southampton) Ouattara (£20m to Bournemouth), Rutter (36m to Leeds) - in 41 league games there's 1 goal between them and that was Outtara who is a winger tbf. All were linked to us as possible option for upfront - it's not easy and if we signed anyone of them 3 right now as the alternative to Calvert-Lewin then we're goosed.

We need a guaranteed baseline IMO because it's another relegation scrap.

It's crap, but that's Everton right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back