Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Defensively and in the middle of the park we look awful. Didn’t think it was an issue a few months ago but now realised it’s bad and we need that sorting also
Same here mate.

I thought we we had a very decent midfield for a bottom half team, but they've gone missing and its concerning. The FB situation I thought would improve no end with theoretically 5 chasing 2 places with Coleman, Patterson, Garner, Mykolenko and Young...but it's been disgraceful and every team will target both flanks.

We're screwed here, and it wont be rectified with McNeil, Coleman and Harrison coming back in. Only players coming in can hand us a lifeline.

Ok there's injuries to McNeil and Coleman and that's having an impact, and Harrison looks a goodun to come in. But I dont believe in the character of this team, and the defence in particular looks frightened of its own shadow.

We need 3 or 4 in. We all know the positions. And if we dont get them - which I suspect is about 90%+ certain - then I dont see us surviving.

No drama, no hyperbole...we'll be relegated.

If that's what the owners want to do then they'll get it.

This is the reality in my opinion, its cold dead logic, anything else is moving deck chairs around on the Titanic.

There was a foreboding eeriness about us today.

Same here mate.

I thought we we had a very decent midfield for a bottom half team, but that's gone missing and its concerning. The FB situation I thoiught would improve no end with theoretically 5 chasing 2 places with Coleman, Patterson, Garner, Mykolenko and Young...but it's been disgraceful and every team will target both flanks.

We're screwed here, and it wont be rectified with McNeil, Coleman and Harrison coming back in. Only players coming in can hand us a lifeline.

of course them players will help

but we still need more

It should be really simple for our recruitment team.

If someone is not good enough to walk into our team and improve it, then they absolutely should not be considered as a signing.

Because we are absolutely dreadful. If you can't get into this side you must be really average

So why do we keep signing players who are not ready to play? What on earth is going on with our recruitment. I have no explanation for any of our recruitment in the last 3 years, it's just been absolutely dire.
This is the problem. Players who are average coming in, recruitment is always ‘one for the future’. But there aswell the recruitment is dire. an investor is the only thing that can save us…

I'd gamble and phone Man Utd to see if they want to swap Onana for McTominey and Maguire. McTominey is way more consistent than Onana and Maguire, for all the stick he gets, would instantly be the best centre back we have.

This is the reality in my opinion, its cold dead logic, anything else is moving deck chairs around on the Titanic.

There was a foreboding eeriness about us today.
We'll be that team like Southampton last season and Norwich the season before that that get's buried at the foot of the table and accumulates 20 odd to 30 points.

I'm not kidding either. This is a goddamn shambles.

Dyche looks cluless atm and I think lack of signings and injuries might break him.

I said earlier '10 days to save Everton'.

I dont step away from that statement. It's the truth.

I'd gamble and phone Man Utd to see if they want to swap Onana for McTominey and Maguire. McTominey is way more consistent than Onana and Maguire, for all the stick he gets, would instantly be the best centre back we have.

Its not really a gamble is it. It's a humoungus upgrade.

But what manager comes in here and manager's this lot to survival?
The squad is shell-shocked and tired, non stop battles with relegation (for some its four or five) the pressure on them personally because of this potential drop in income/lifestyle, a not very supportive set of fans constantly gunning (rightly) for a pain in the ass owner and chairman, and simply age has caught a few up.

Battle hardened eventually leads to fatigue, we've needed fresh blood and new ideas and we've, in the main catastrophically failed in this regard. Now there's pressure on finances and we're shopping around at a lower level than where Moyes was performing miracles.
Unsuitable.
Unsustainable.
Unfit for purpose.

Shambles!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back