Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Everton closing in on £15m Adams deal​

Everton are closing in on the £15m signing of Southampton striker Che Adams, according to The Telegraph.
The Toffees - who lost 4-0 at Aston Villa on Sunday - had a £12m offer for the Scotland international turned down earlier this week.

https://www.skysports.com/ipad/liveArticle/12476234?postid=6313644#liveblog-body
I try not to be alarmist about these things but if he is the best we can do we are down (which I know sounds ridiculous after two games.

I appreciate we have to invest in the future but why buy Chermiti if we are that limited in funds for first team acquisitions. Every penny counts and that should have gone to first team recruits as we are living hand to mouth at present and can’t afford ones ‘for the future’

We are the only club in the league who are in desperate need of class signings and we blow 15m on a young lad, and 15M on Che Adams who although I think will be okay, he’s not the goal scoring answer we need.

We need McNeil and Harrison back and in the side. Those two make a massive difference. Danjuma also has quality you can tell that even from today. Get those three in the side behind DCL/Adams and there’s more than enough there to be comfortably safe. If we’re not, then the manager will have massively failed.

I wouldn’t swap our squad for any of Burnley’s, Luton’s or Sheffield United’s.
I'd swap Doucoure for Hamer at Shef utd in a heartbeat.

I’d be surprised if any points deducted would be effective immediately. I suspect it would start for the following season.
Well I sincerely hope it'll be a fine or transfer embargo for a window at most, but what I'm saying is that if it is a points deduction then that sinks us then and there in October.

We ain't getting points deducted.

Uefa are dishing penny fines out to club's who have historically lied about finances for decades. Thats the maximum the league will do
Nobody has ever breached Premier League "FFP" rules ever before.

Nobody knows what their punishment will be, thankfully we go before City, so we should get off lightly cos they really wont want to anger their 54 times Champions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back