Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lack of urgency this summer has ruined our start to the season again

I dont accept their reasons and their justification for always waiting to the end of August. Their need to always justify it is just a sign that they are aware of their own failings and feel the need to defend them.

No good top flight team allows their manager to enter the first games of the season with such an unfit for purpose squad.

We would get destroyed every week if Potter comes in. Dyche(today) and Lampard played open and pressing football today and we got destroyed.
Not comparing Potter to Pep, but do you think he could do ok with this squad?

People are assuming that Dyche is getting the maximum out of this group of players.

I think its misguided.

Not comparing Potter to Pep, but do you think he could do ok with this squad?

People are assuming that Dyche is getting the maximum out of this group of players.

I think its misguided.
The squad needs strengthening and we have injuries so it's hard to judge. Any manager would want better players the squad is short of quality. The likes of Pep and Potter would try and play progressive football which leaves us wide open look at the Lamps era when he tried to play more football. I'm not the biggest Dyche fan he is what he is I am surprised we aren't more solid under him, but this squad has a poor mentality and can only play one way try and be solid and hit teams or go direct with pressing but pressing from the front not like today where some we're pressing and others weren't. And we were very weak in midfield and at the back.

The lack of urgency this summer has ruined our start to the season again

I dont accept their reasons and their justification for always waiting to the end of August. Their need to always justify it is just a sign that they are aware of their own failings and feel the need to defend them.

No good top flight team allows their manager to enter the first games of the season with such an unfit for purpose squad.
Check out Villa's side today , even with bad injuries to Buendia & Mings.

Then once the game was won throwing more quality players on that need match fitness.
Meanwhile Zaniolo sits watching in the stands.

Shows we are miles away.

The squad needs strengthening and we have injuries so it's hard to judge. Any manager would want better players the squad is short of quality. The likes of Pep and Potter would try and play progressive football which leaves us wide open look at the Lamps era when he tried to play more football. This squad can only play one way try and be solid and hit teams or go direct with pressing but pressing from the front not like today where some we're pressing and others weren't.
With respect mate, is that Frank Lampard, widely considered a very bad manager?

But yes, transfers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back