Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walks in our team now, even the extra crap version of him at the end.

We were spoiled with some of the talent he was in the team with.

Now. Yard dogs, not prem standard.
Was capable of absolute brilliance and scored some top level goals, nowhere near the consistency to go above 'Everton' level but I like the lad. What ever else he did, he was the one who snapped suarez. I was at that game and it was genuinely one of the most cathartic moments I've felt at a football match.

I'm sure he is but even if he wasn't it doesn't mean he's wrong about the need for people to be fit so theres no need to keep bringing it up as if its a problem when it isn't. Its not like we don't have enough real problems to worry about without getting wound up about some of the few things we might actually be doing right.
The players on the pitch didn't look fit on Sunday, and my question to the manager would be, why not?

If I was another club's dof I would screen my calls for kenwright, you know he just blathers on the phone for hours about nothing then offers paltry deals with probably 50 payment installments and then since we're never decisive and swift with transfers, you know you're going to have to talk to him for like 2 months haggling before a deal is even decided.

After 10 minutes I said to my lad Villa look quicker and stronger than us.

His reply was ours look shattered.

It stayed that way the whole game.
Thats my fear with the whole sgt major style training. You train top athletes to peak not burn out. I'm not saying that is what is going on but the whole mid season bleep test thing seems a bit counter productive.

Was capable of absolute brilliance and scored some top level goals, nowhere near the consistency to go above 'Everton' level but I like the lad. What ever else he did, he was the one who snapped suarez. I was at that game and it was genuinely one of the most cathartic moments I've felt at a football match.

I found Kev to be absolutely frustrating to the moon and back, but he walks in our team now.

The speed he would run with the ball, when he did, and he had a proper little bit in him for a winger.

We have few people who can run with the ball, let alone at any pace.

We are such a one dimension slow side, its awful to watch.

I'm sure he is but even if he wasn't it doesn't mean he's wrong about the need for people to be fit so theres no need to keep bringing it up as if its a problem when it isn't. Its not like we don't have enough real problems to worry about without getting wound up about some of the few things we might actually be doing right.

But they’re not fit, so we’re not doing it right.

I actually believe he’s pretty thick as a football manager. He has no idea how to react to what’s going on on the pitch, his in-game management is as bad as Lampard’s. The no subs and the “fitness” thing is an excuse because he doesn’t actually know how to use subs to affect a game. I think the game has left him behind and he doesn’t have a clue how to move into the modern era.
I’ve seen enough on our good days and even some of our bad days to say he knows how to set up a team well.

I think we would have a fair point in arguing it’s difficult to make a positive change with subs when you have the weakest bench in the league and it’s hard to know how valid that is with the crap we’ve had on our bench

I found Kev to be absolutely frustrating to the moon and back, but he walks in our team now.

The speed he would run with the ball, when he did, and he had a proper little bit in him for a winger.

We have few people who can run with the ball, let alone at any pace.

We are such a one dimension slow side, its awful to watch.
Hopefully that changes and it is at least one issue the recruitment team seem to be keen on addressing. McNeil, Danjuma, Harrison and perhaps Gnonto are all decent carriers of the ball and Onana and Garner can do it from the center a bit.

After 10 minutes I said to my lad Villa look quicker and stronger than us.

His reply was ours look shattered.

It stayed that way the whole game.

So all the calls of "we are going to be the fittest team" "aiming to be the fittest team in the league" is a load of horse dump.

There's no point being super fit anyway with a squad who have two speeds of snail and reverse.

Never ever in my left felt so detached from a group of players.

I’ve seen enough on our good days and even some of our bad days to say he knows how to set up a team well.

I think we would have a fair point in arguing it’s difficult to make a positive change with subs when you have the weakest bench in the league and it’s hard to know how valid that is with the crap we’ve had on our bench

This isn’t an excuse because some of the players on the bench are better than the ones he’s playing in the first XI.

I actually believe he’s pretty thick as a football manager. He has no idea how to react to what’s going on on the pitch, his in-game management is as bad as Lampard’s. The no subs and the “fitness” thing is an excuse because he doesn’t actually know how to use subs to affect a game. I think the game has left him behind and he doesn’t have a clue how to move into the modern era.
I'm not at all happy with his management so far this season. There's no logic to anything we've done so far. Playing rubbish championship sides in pre-season, players arriving back late, new signings not being integrated, players being put on the bench who he won't even use (Cannon etc), lack of intensity in matches, and baffling team selections.

There is an old Italian saying 'the fish stinks from the head' and that is Everton all over. Talking of fitness what happened at 'Gaffer's Day'? Did they play hopscotch? I recall I think it was Tarkowski in preseason that the coaching staff were working them to be the fittest in the league, well either that plan went to the dogs or it is impossible to get a three legged racehorse fit for the National, that is what it seems. The squad is threadbare, and threadbare with below average not average but below average players.

Hopefully that changes and it is at least one issue the recruitment team seem to be keen on addressing. McNeil, Danjuma, Harrison and perhaps Gnonto are all decent carriers of the ball and Onana and Garner can do it from the center a bit.

I do hope it does mate.

I remember a report about Dyche wanting to rebuild the club with pace and power. Still waiting on this personally, McNeil is our best ball carrier, but speed is not his greatest attribute.

Danjuma i hope can get in that rhythm, not sure about Harrison, but we know Gnonto can do this - but am close to saying we should pull out from there.

I like Garner, but he needs to be central and dictate play - Onana, has all the attributes, but needs to improve.

Just need the squad to be freshened up and moving.

Because it’s a bull excuse, Danjuma had played in behind closed door games in and around both league games but suddenly isn’t fit enough to start both? Chermiti played n the latter game but couldn’t have had a run out from the bench at Villa Park or better yet played in the U21 game on Friday night? Yet Ashley Young did full 90 in both games?
Chermiti is a wild card I don't see the point in any of us pretending we know what should or shouldn't be happening with him because we know nothing about him as a player nevermind his fitness levels understanding of the game how well he's settling in or anything so including him is just silly Danjuma seemed like he could have played 90 minutes to me I agree but its all data driven these days isn't it and if the data says he's not fit enough then I don't have an issue with Everton not starting him until it says he is. This always happens when things go wrong every single that happens becomes a massive problem it can't just be a bad performance from bad players there has to be a load of different individual things that are indisputable evidence of whatever we want it to be evidence of like we don't know how to make substitutions and don't know how to tell if somebody is fit or not as if the problem isn't as simple as us having a worse squad than the one which has nearly been relegated twice already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back