Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is a reporter, it is job to report stories, what do expect from a football journalist?
He positions himself as something more than that. He suggests he's knowledgable of the thinking of Everton's hierarchy and that hands people false hope that players are being lined up.

Seems to be a lot of doom and gloom about this evening, but the only thing that has changed is the apparent failure to sign Gnonto, a decent enough player but probably over priced. Hopefully the recruitment team are working away on alternatives that we can afford, and can be out in place asap 😂

He didn’t want to play for us when we were in Europe. Not a chance he’s coming for a relegation scrap and getting balls pinged to his swede every week.
Chelsea will want to hold on as they preferably want to sell him to a Saudi club but Lukaku isn’t willing at this point in time to go there. They are hoping that if he isn’t sold by the end of the window he will consider a move to Saudi as their window ends September 9th I think.

Yeah...young has to play as one of the 2 wingers. Dobbin should be given a chance, but knowing dyche, will probably be on the bench.
I rate Dyche , and I feel sorry for the situation he is being put in by Kenwright et al.
He reminds me of a poor mans Moyes , doing the "decent thing" and covering up for the incompetent charlatans above.
Unfortunately Moyes only failing in my eyes was his reluctance to gamble on youth and give them opportunities and experience.
We all know that this window will end up a damp squib , just like so many times before . Everyone hopes that they will have learned their lesson from previous mismanagement calamities , but they never do. Hope lives on , but they never deliver , and the normal excuses will be trotted out when the window shuts. Ho hum.

I rate Dyche , and I feel sorry for the situation he is being put in by Kenwright et al.
He reminds me of a poor mans Moyes , doing the "decent thing" and covering up for the incompetent charlatans above.
Unfortunately Moyes only failing in my eyes was his reluctance to gamble on youth and give them opportunities and experience.
We all know that this window will end up a damp squib , just like so many times before . Everyone hopes that they will have learned their lesson from previous mismanagement calamities , but they never do. Hope lives on , but they never deliver , and the normal excuses will be trotted out when the window shuts. Ho hum.
Spot on mate. We will be linked with everybody but will sign nobody of note . deadline day will come and we will get the usual set of excuses …whats happening at the club now is farcical !

He positions himself as something more than that. He suggests he's knowledgable of the thinking of Everton's hierarchy and that hands people false hope that players are being lined up.
He reports what he hears, it is up to each person to believe him or not.
Some do, some don't.
I think his information about Everton is as good as that of anyone else.

Is he privy to the inside information of what transfer we are trying to make....of course not... I have only come across a couple that have in all my years on GOT and none of those have been on here in years.

I think he hears the stories circulating in the football media world, I think as an employee of SKY he will be one of the first to get information from the club, he undoubtedly has some contacts built up over the years as every journalist will have.

I love reading the stories, news, gossip but that mean I believe it.

100%. Gnonto looked like a possible fun 15-20m signing that was in danger of escalating into a 30-35m one. Danjuma and Harrison will be an upgrade out wide so we can afford to take a punt on someone cheaper (if at all) and can upgrade more pressing positions. If, big if, we TAKE ACTION NOW.
'Possible' is right word there. For all we know after that season, he could of ended up being a downgrade on Lennon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back