Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lukaku for me. I dont like his personality, zero rapport with fans, but a 1 season loan could get us 10 goals, maybe more. Then get Kane or Neymar next season🙁.

Let's not forget a PL financial investigation into our accounts lurking soon too, with a potential fine on the way - if not more.
It's very possible we're playing hardball on fees so we aren't forced to sell a player in January to stay kosher under FFP. It's also possible that the way this goes is: if Gray is sold, we cough up the Leeds valuation on Gnonto, if not we hold our noses and buy Adams.

It's hard to see the structure of a deal that moves Lukaku here from those wages with three years left on his deal. They could save considerable money in the long run by doing it, even if Chelsea propped up wages, but doing that while accelerating depreciation probably results in FFP problems. If they received 35 million pounds as a fee, but had to offset wages by 250,000/wk, it saves them over fifty million pounds over three years but causes a 40 million FFP charge to hit this fiscal year.

It's an example of financial mismanagement that likely will cost Chelsea a full new player unless the Saudis bail them out, which seems unlikely. They're stuck running that one down and salvaging what they can on loan deals until the FFP hit becomes manageable enough to buy out his contract.

why low ball if you have the money and you want him?

it’s defo deffo odd

the close of the window to me will give us answers about the money side of it if no others come in
Everton’s approach is the right thing to do - Leeds have a player they value at X, we value their player at Y. We should not go over our valuation. Where Everton constantly get it massively (and possibly intentionally wrong) is to keep going after him. We never seem to have more than one iron in the fire and there is seemingly no cut of point in negotiations.

I said this about Chermiti too if we don't get more forwards in he will be a scapegoat because of his fee and that he isn't ready to be a first teamer straight away, even though it's not his fault

*checks thread out

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Cant believe you missed out the part where he eats the flaming troll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back