Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes , Southampton paying £2k a week and we make up the balance of £70k a week. Great deal Kev.

We are the softest touch club in the World of football, aren't we. Every club, including Southampton (Adams) plays hardball with us and usually wins. Well done recruitment team lending another player to help out a rival, ( next season) and we will pay half his wages for you into the bargain Acumen.

Southampton have just sold Ward-Prowse & Lavia for close to €90M & Everton can’t get them to cover Holgate’s full wages or soften up on Adams’ deal. Our negotiation capacity is non-existent.
They’ve also lost 100m in revenue getting relegated. They’re not swimming in money.

Me too. Hoping Maupay has a better second season is as good a bet as bringing in Adams

I had a look at his PL no's this morning mate, he posted 10 and 8 for Brighton while there - not saying he's the magic wand to goal scoring, but its a big cliff to have fallen from to 1 in 30 odd for us and whats that about.... Our issue is the other offensive players as well in my opinion - creativity and threat. Even Dom hasn't scored much when he's been fit.

I know we need a centre forward, but i dont think one deal just changes it all.

I had a look at his PL no's this morning mate, he posted 10 and 8 for Brighton while there - not saying he's the magic wand to goal scoring, but its a big cliff to have fallen from to 1 in 30 odd for us and whats that about.... Our issue is the other offensive players as well in my opinion - creativity and threat. Even Dom hasn't scored much when he's been fit.

I know we need a centre forward, but i dont think one deal just changes it all.
Yes creativity is a big issue too. But Maupay isn't a number nine. If you see his heatmaps he is more of a second striker he drops so deep into the midfield he's even more of a number ten which works in a Brighton team that's very progressive and creates loads of chances, he was the wrong profile and doesn't fit our system or direct style of play. Whilst Adams is average he can at least play the role which is being a target, holding into the ball having the will to run onto things.

Yes creativity is a big issue too. But Maupay isn't a number nine. If you see his heatmaps he is more of a second striker, he was the wrong profile and doesn't fit our system or direct style of play

All fair points mate, but he played alone at Brighton mostly - or have i imagined that, i think his best returns were part of a two and that was in the Championship.

One thing about us that i notice, is how isolated we leave we our forward players, be it Dom or Maupay - on a hiding to nothing, particularly in build up. It was really evident with Danjuma last week, a couple of times he beat his man, broke the line and looked up and was just alone and he was like WTF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back