Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need 3 more in after Beto: another forward, a centre back and a CM if Onana is sold.

Agreed.

Would take Tanganga and Wharton as the CB and CM. Haven’t seen much of Wharton but given the current crop I’d have no issue spinning the wheel. If the club get 50-60m for Onana it’s great business. Insofar as another forward, there’s plenty of names mentioned but hard to know who or what’s realistic.

Still a few loan slots to use.

Bit confused...i copied/pasted and youve added the same?

…he’s very impressive. £20m could be daylight robbery.

£15mil was mentioned when we were last linked.

I think it would be a masterstoke seeing as Gana is living off reputation at the moment.

Also to have him and Garner would be exciting with two young English youth internationals in midfield and Branthwaite behind.

It would be impressive.

Agreed.

Would take Tanganga and Wharton as the CB and CM. Haven’t seen much of Wharton but given the current crop I’d have no issue spinning the wheel. If the club get 50-60m for Onana it’s great business. Insofar as another forward, there’s plenty of names mentioned but hard to know who or what’s realistic.

Still a few loan slots to use.
They have to use them too. This is desperate.

I think it would be a masterstoke seeing as Gana is living off reputation at the moment.

Also to have him and Garner would be exciting with two young English youth internationals in midfield and Branthwaite behind.

It would be impressive.

My concern would be Venkys are wagons to deal with mate and we can prob only pay a couple of penguin bars upfront.

I know many want a winger and a Centre half, personally my next priority would be a playmaker or at the very least an attacking midfielder.

Yes. I think when you look at the midfield it’s ok on paper and should be performing better but it’s been so disappointing. Gana looks done, Onana underwhelming, Doucoure did a lot of running yesterday and looks a goal threat but ultimately missed or was off side for our best chances while Garner, who looks very capable is stuck out on the right.

Full backs has become a concern again…. Hard to know which hole to plug first.

Hopefully a few decent performances will also result in a collective uplift with more players coming back from injury and coming in via the market.

Last edited:

Yes. I think when you look at the midfield it’s ok on paper and should be performing better but it’s been so disappointing. Gana looks done, Onana underwhelming, Doucoure did a lot of running yesterday and looks a goal threat but ultimately missed or was off side for our best chances while Garner, who looks very capable is stuck out on the right.

Full backs has become a concern again…. Hard to know which hole to plug first.

Hopefully a few decent performances results in a collective uplift with more players coming back from injury and coming in via the market.

All of that mate, good post.

The Duke had a great game yesterday, we could drop him deeper with Onana and bring a playmaker attacking midfielder in.

Agree on full backs, but i think when the proper wingers come back they will offer a bit more protection.

It would be impressive.

….I doubt he’d be playing now if there was anything happening on this front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back