Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think of a player whose hold-up play is worse than Maupay, who is slower than Maupay,
who is on high wages like Maupay, who is entirely the wrong fit for the way EFC plays, whose
best days are long ago, who has no resale value and that person is - Ings.

What weak thinking.
Ings is a far superior player to Maupay, I would have doubts about keeping him fit at his age and with his injury history, but, comparing him unfavourably with Maupay I really can't agree with. I don't want us to sign him by the way, he's too big a risk and has far too big a salary.

Need to get about 10 players out the door this week as well

There is about a full XI we could get rid of and it would have zero impact on the team or squad. It's better to have a really small squad without a load of dross, than a big squad full of dross. I could list a ton of players who contribute absolutely nothing to the team.

Just get them out and take whatever savings we can get. Even just someone to pay a small percentage of wages.

ffs lad you can’t just “get them out”

Ings is a far superior player to Maupay, I would have doubts about keeping him fit at his age and with his injury history, but, comparing him unfavourably with Maupay I really can't agree with. I don't want us to sign him by the way, he's too big a risk and has far too big a salary.

swerve ings.

we’ve gone from 1 striker to about 50 lol

Ings is a good striker, but my only concern is he's had two ACL injuries. He's around 30 or so now isn't he? So the injuries will probably take their toll in his twilight years and playing week in, week out chasing down balls down the wing for us will kill him. Probably a good option for the rest of the season and then see what next summer brings*

*more of the same, no doubt.

Good afternoon all!!

3 games
No wins
No points
No goals

Put that bleach down, stop being so bloody pessimistic, this is Everton and you are most welcome to the 27th of August transfer round up.

Everton are eager to sign Blackburn Rovers midfielder Adam Wharton amid interest from other Premier League clubs, according to Alan Nixon. Posting on his Patreon (27 August), the journalist claimed that Brighton, Newcastle, Liverpool and Manchester United have been monitoring Wharton, but the Toffees would face the most threat from Crystal Palace who are keen to find an agreement.

Everton are considering a move for West Ham United and former RS rat striker Danny Ings, this is if they fail to secure Southampton striker Che Adams, according to the Sunday Mirror. While this will at least stop the little ferret scoring against the bloos - when not crippled during periods of injury - the newspaper reported in its print edition (27 August, pg 77) that the Toffees’ manager Sean Dyche is eager to add attacking depth to his Everton squad, but as the Saints aren’t keen on letting Che Adams go, his focus could shift to Ings.

Udinese forward Beto has flown out of Italy on a private jet headed for England ahead of finalising a move to Everton, according to Gianluca Di Marzio.

Udinese striker Beto is completing an Everton medical today after agreeing the terms of a £30million move, sources have told ‘Football Insider’. The Merseysiders are putting the finishing touches to a deal for the 25-year-old Portuguese forward, who has been granted permission by his club to head to England.

Udinese striker Beto is on Merseyside to undergo a medical with Everton, according to Fabrizio Romano. Writing via his personal Twitter account on Sunday morning (27 August), Romano reported that the Blues have agreed to pay at least £25.7million for 25-year-old Beto, who looks set to sign with the Premier League club imminently.

News from Italy, as relayed by Sport Witness, claims that Everton have ‘moved’ for 24-year-old Japhet Tanganga who is wanted by Inter. The report suggests that the Englishman would prefer to remain playing in England, making Everton’s rumoured interest an encouraging prospect to watch.

Everton target Wilfried Gnonto is still hopeful of securing an exit from Leeds United this summer, according to Fabrizio Romano. The Toffees have seen multiple bids for the 19-year-old Italy international knocked back this summer, with the Whites insistent that the player is not for sale, despite him handing in an official transfer request and refusing to play.

Nottingham Forest are edging closer to the signing of Chelsea player Callum Hudson-Odoi. The Reds have fought off competition from Everton and Fulham to land the winger. According to top transfer journalist Rudy Galetti, a done deal is close to completion. The Reds are set to pay around £8 million to land the forward who is keen to leave Chelsea.

According to journalist Mike McGrath, Southampton are facing interest from Premier League side Everton and Ligue 1 side Nice for their wing star Kamaldeen Sulemana.

But fear not ladies and gentlemen as……

Abdoulaye Doucoure has revealed transfers are being worked on by the Everton hierarchy and has called on his team-mates to start giving supporters something to get behind.

Sorted, cheers Doucs.​

Ings is a good striker, but my only concern is he's had two ACL injuries. He's around 30 or so now isn't he? So the injuries will probably take their toll in his twilight years and playing week in, week out chasing down balls down the wing for us will kill him. Probably a good option for the rest of the season and then see what next summer brings*

*more of the same, no doubt.
A loan could be useful, no long term commitments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back