Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looks like Gyokeres is going to Sporting Lisbon for £17m, defo missing an opportunity there he is more than good enough to improve our goalscoring. We are going to be left behind, it wouldn't surprise me if at the end of the window we get Coady for £2m and eventually decide to give Andros Townsend a 12 month contract.
Doubt we even have 17m to just pay out in one go that's probably nearly our whole budget

Yeah our whole budget on an unproven championship striker. Not saying hes crap but what if we sign him and he cant cut it? That makes us no better off and no money to do anything else. Risky.
What do you suggest we do? We clearly need another striker who can lead the line and slot.

I dont have to make those decisions thankfully. I could sit here throwing names about but its pointless. Just because hes scored in the league below and seems to be flavour of the month on here doesnt mean i have to agree.

Simms and Cannon have scored goals in the Championship does that make them the answer. All im saying is goals in the Championship doesnt necessarily mean hed do it for us and at the price can we take that gamble?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back