Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's 20% of the profit
Different people saying different things about this and we’ll probably never know. If it’s a straight sell on it’s a bad deal as you should never allow a straight sell on when the deal’s already that big. That said, if we’ve made such a bad deal but can still exit it with a chunk of profit I guess we should still do it.

Different people saying different things about this and we’ll probably never know. If it’s a straight sell on it’s a bad deal as you should never allow a straight sell on when the deal’s already that big. That said, if we’ve made such a bad deal but can still exit it with a chunk of profit I guess we should still do it.
Only ever seen it as 20% of the profit tbh. I can't believe we would enter a deal that involves 20% of an actual future sale fee that would be crazy for a club like us. Mind you it could be the reason West Ham pulled out at the end.

"He wants to move up. The question is should he go to Sporting, where he can play in Europe, or should he go to a club in the Premier League that will fight for survival like Everton? It's a tough decision for him."

….hopefully it’s not Everton.

you may also need to allow for any payments we made on during the last year so rather than owe the 26.4m he cost, if we paid off 5m of that, there is 19.4m outstanding that would need to come off the sale. Most player sales are on instalments I believe.

Ive just done £33mil + 5 (contract) and then × 4 to show the book value for his remaining 4 years.

"He wants to move up. The question is should he go to Sporting, where he can play in Europe, or should he go to a club in the Premier League that will fight for survival like Everton? It's a tough decision for him."
That reads as dead sarcy but I don't reckon he means it like that

The Prem's always the aim innit, definitely for Scandanavians

Only ever seen it as 20% of the profit tbh. I can't believe we would enter a deal that involves 20% of an actual future sale fee that would be crazy for a club like us. Mind you it could be the reason West Ham pulled out at the end.
It would be crazy but that’s why I’m inclined to believe it. But like I say if it is such a bad deal as to include 20% of full fee I’d almost be more inclined to take what profit we can to exit it and move on.

How do you have £28mil from:

£33mil fee
£26.4mil book value
£55mil sale

I have £24.2mil

*including 20% clause on profit.

£24.2mil would be less than pathetic.

Nice one mate.

So 20 % of 28.6 = 5.72

28.6 - 5.72= 22.8.

£22.8 million - so thats the profit we would clear - would represent a 69% profit in 12 months.

For FFP we can bank the whole £ 55mill fee mind.

£55mil - £33mil = £22mil × 0.8 (clause) = £17.6mil.

£17.6mil + £33mil = £50.6mil (fee after clause).

£50.6 - £26.4 (book value) = £24.2mil.

It would be crazy but that’s why I’m inclined to believe it. But like I say if it is such a bad deal as to include 20% of full fee I’d almost be more inclined to take what profit we can to exit it and move on.

Ive not heard of a deal where a % of the total fee is included as a clause...its always profit. It has to be as otherwise it could be a % of a loss.

That reads as dead sarcy but I don't reckon he means it like that

The Prem's always the aim innit, definitely for Scandanavians
He’s also 25 so this might be the big move- at 20/21 maybe you go to Sporting for a couple of years, bang some in, build your profile then aim for a big money top half PL move, but at 25 he’d probably be well advised to head directly to the PL, rather than risk it never happening and him looking back on a whole career spent in the championship and Portugal.

Ive not heard of a deal where a % of the total fee is included as a clause...it’s always profit. It has to be as otherwise it could be a % of a loss.
Logically I agree but the Belgian journo who was all over that deal was insisting it was on full sale value:

BD450903-EF10-43C0-BA89-2CAC5A7B941A.webp

So we are a bottom six club desperately trying not to be a bottom three club. This summer we will likely sell at least three players we need to keep and we will keep at least three players we would prefer to sell. We'll also sell a couple that definitely need to go.

So even if we bring in four decent signings I reckon we begin next season with a weakened squad. To get the ten wins we need we will be relying on a couple of new guys really flying and maybe something as unlikely as DCL starting thirty games. The character of whoever we bring in will be as important as their skill level, I reckon. It will be backs to the wall from the opening game.
Selling players we'd rather keep is the name of the game for a club our size. Brighton are making an art form of it, currently.

You get the big fees for selling the players you want to keep - Lukaku, Richarlison, Stones, Onana (soon), etc. We just have to hope that the new board do a much, much, much, much, much better job of reinvesting whatever we get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back