Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
….I actually like Gyokeres but I have serious doubts about his ability to Step-up. He’s competitive but I can see top flight CBs managing him comfortably.

For the monies being asked, I think there’s much more value in the global market. Of the players linked, I like El Bilal Toure. He looks raw but he has the physicality to get defenders out of their comfort zone.

Our next centre-forward needs to have pace. We’re sorely lacking in speed up too and having someone who can get in behind.

was 20 when he arrived, in his debut season in the Prem in a headcase Everton team.
Absolutely. He's got great potential but not a chance he stays and realises it here; because we didn't give him the right platform to showcase his talent, there's a limit to what we can expect to get for him. £24m profit seems realistic; just stamping our feet and saying we want £75m because he might be boss in a better team would probably leave us with empty coffers and a disgruntled player.

I had a dream last night that we signed Digne on loan

Make of that what you will

My dreams never come true btw

👀

Absolutely. He's got great potential but not a chance he stays and realises it here; because we didn't give him the right platform to showcase his talent, there's a limit to what we can expect to get for him. £24m profit seems realistic; just stamping our feet and saying we want £75m because he might be boss in a better team would probably leave us with empty coffers and a disgruntled player.

By all accounts the player is happy and settled and why sell low ? It makes no sense to sell for sellings sake.

Thelwell should earn his coin and sell squad players or Pickford before Onana.

Be odd given he only just moved 5 months ago.

I think he moved because he wouldnt sign a new contract and Roma refused to play him unless he signed.

Then he had an argument with the board as he wouldnt be picked for Italy if he wasnt played -- they held firm and didnt let him move -- until of course they relented and pushed him off to Turkey.

By all accounts the player is happy and settled and why sell low ? It makes no sense to sell for sellings sake.

I think he moved because he wouldnt sign a new contract and Roma refused to play him unless he signed.

Then he had an argument with the board as he wouldnt be picked for Italy if he wasnt played -- they held firm and didnt let him move -- until of course they relented and pushed him off to Turkey.
Wanting to sell Pickford ahead of Onana is such a weird take.

Which accounts are those (genuinely; I don't read as much footy news as I used to, so may well have missed it)?

All I know is the moment he got here he was banging on about how ambitious he is. If that's true, then not a chance he fancies another relegation scrap when Europe-level clubs are (reportedly) after him.

I replied to you in his thread as you were asking this, so I'll just post the summary as to "why": We're still in a crap bargaining position and because we were so crap last year that he found it hard to shine, we're still asking clubs to pay for broadly the same potential that we bought into.

It would be a real shame for Onana if he does go to Chelsea. He's not even guaranteed a bench spot there so it potentially could ruin his development.

Which accounts are those (genuinely; I don't read as much footy news as I used to, so may well have missed it)?

All I know is the moment he got here he was banging on about how ambitious he is. If that's true, then not a chance he fancies another relegation scrap when Europe-level clubs are (reportedly) after him.

I replied to you in his thread as you were asking this, so I'll just post the summary as to "why": We're still in a crap bargaining position and because we were so crap last year that he found it hard to shine, we're still asking clubs to pay for broadly the same potential that we bought into.

We arent in a "crap bargaining position" though?

Hes got 4 years on his deal and it was reported (i forgot if Joyce/Romano) that hes happy and settled which is why he rejected a mix of Chelsea, Arsenal and United interest in January.

Play him where hes played all his career and he'll show what he can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back