Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I read somewhere that we had a deal lined up for Tammy Abraham before he blew his ACL?
If he didn’t get injured and the choice was him or Gyokeres, who would you prefer?
Not a massive fan of Tammy but he'd probably be the safer bet. Gyokeres could end up being absolute bobbins, whereas realistically Tammy's gonna get minimum 8 goals

Did I read somewhere that we had a deal lined up for Tammy Abraham before he blew his ACL?
If he didn’t get injured and the choice was him or Gyokeres, who would you prefer?
Gyokeres looks to me more like someone we need. He sounds like he has something to prove too. A risk, obviously, but I hope it's one we can take

Yeah, Italian media reported yesterday morning we had a deal just north of £30m.

To answer your other question, I'd go with Gyökeres but it's close.

Yeah, Italian media reported yesterday morning we had a deal just north of £30m.

To answer your other question, I'd go with Gyökeres but it's close.
At 30m for Abraham there'd have been far more upside / less risk than Gyokeres at 15-20. I like what I've seen of Gyokeres but a guy who at 25 has never really played top division football has some concerns. Abraham as an English player who has already been around big clubs would've also had more room for a big fee incoming after 1 or 2 good seasons. We'll never know though.

Jackson linked to chelsea for 30 million.
we might get him for slightly cheaper given its chelsea but it seems like a top striker for us is going to cost around the 30 mark.

I really want us to sign Le Fee as well or Alex Scott

Dream on the right is Marcus Edwards or Chukwueze but theyre probably too much so we will probably end up with Sarr

Sunderland were devasted we recalled Simms.
Simms indeed scored at a higher rate than Gyokeres and has more future potential. Im really not convinced on Gyokeres, he just seems like hes just enough to succeed in the Championship, but against faster quicker, stronger defenders he will be shut out. He looks a bit too slow and awkward, and seems to be barely 1 step ahead, not the 2 you need to really succeed at the next level.

No sense in spending 20 million for a worse Ellis Simms.

Im convinced I could score 50 goals in The Championship, what even is that standard.
This is my reservation. Gyok, Simms and Cannon were all on broadly the same scoring pace in the championship and we wouldn't consider the two we already have to be nearly ready to be a starter. Know there's more to it than just scoring but 1 in 2ish in the Championship is no predictor of great things in the PL.

Rather than give Davies a new contract I’d rather we went for Han-Noah Massengo. Out of contract at Bristol City. They shipped him out on loan to Auxerre as he wouldn’t sign a new contract but he’s a very tidy player. He’s only 21 and a former France youth international. I saw him vs Preston around 18 months ago and he ran the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back