Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
….I actually like Gyokeres but I have serious doubts about his ability to Step-up. He’s competitive but I can see top flight CBs managing him comfortably.

For the monies being asked, I think there’s much more value in the global market. Of the players linked, I like El Bilal Toure. He looks raw but he has the physicality to get defenders out of their comfort zone.

Haha let's get both lol

We were linked in january, but not sure there is interest now. Highly rated young footballer with poor attitude.

Does he have poor attitude or did he simply want to run his contract down? Hence the row with roma?

Hes had knee issues in the past i think.

His first season with Everton he started consistently and had 5 goals and 4 assists!
And that was a fluke, last 20 games or so of that season, no goals and one assist from a free kick. Last season 2 open play goals and I’m not sure he even got an assist from open play. Nowhere near good enough for us to move forward and at 27 we should cut our losses if we get someone happy to take him off us.

We arent in a "crap bargaining position" though?

Hes got 4 years on his deal and it was reported (i forgot if Joyce/Romano) that hes happy and settled which is why he rejected a mix of Chelsea, Arsenal and United interest in January.

Play him where hes played all his career and he'll show what he can do.
My interpretation - and I've been known to be wrong - in January was that he was going to see the season out with us, no further commitment than that.

We most certainly are in a crap bargaining position:

a) Almost any PL team bidding for one of our players is probably going to represent a better prospect for any player
b) We're far from out of the profit & sustainability woods, not to mention the ongoing investigation into past conduct
c) I don't think we can afford to wait until Jan or beyond, on the off-chance he adds to his transfer value. If we get charged with any kind of misconduct and fined/docked points then our situation becomes more dire = He goes for even less in Jan/next summer; if we escape major punishment but still go down because of our immense crapness = He goes for even less next summer; if he gets a gob on because we don't sell him, and phones in his efforts = He goes for even less next summer.

Did I read somewhere that we had a deal lined up for Tammy Abraham before he blew his ACL?
If he didn’t get injured and the choice was him or Gyokeres, who would you prefer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back