Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id really like to see us bring in an attacking midfielder to form a trio with Onana and Garner long term.

A baller who can score/assist would be nice and allow us to keep the ball on the deck. @Simon Buttle Is Ndiaye that player?
To be fair to Thelwell (and probably Lampard) that sounded like the plan in targeting MGW, Ndiaye, Kudus and to some extent Gallagher last summer.

The big question now is would Dyche play a system that would suit a player like Ndiaye or does he prefer to have a more traditional midfielder play the most advanced role ala Doucoure?

Said for years Everton are viewed as a soft touch when it comes to selling.

Mirallas, Niasse, Walcott, Tosun etc.

Even Andre Gomes - we paid over half his wages, apparently 60% for Lille to take him on loan. Little wonder they're asking to take him on loan again.

Compare our approach to getting rid of our 'deadweight' compared to PSG with Gana Gueye.
Disagree. We sell players with actual value at good prices. We struggle to sell players only when they're terrible. Which happens a lot unfortunately.

To be fair to Thelwell (and probably Lampard) that sounded like the plan in targeting MGW, Ndiaye, Kudus and to some extent Gallagher last summer.

The big question now is would Dyche play a system that would suit a player like Ndiaye or does he prefer to have a more traditional midfielder play the most advanced role ala Doucoure?
I think last season playing Doucoure as the “ten” was a necessity because we had no forwards but in the past I think he played more with the ten being a second striker, and that looks like a role for Ndiaye or possibly even Gnonto.

As recently as April 2022. So was he horribly under-utilised and treated poorly or were your lying eyes right all along?
I genuinely can't remember ever thinking he was crap but I'll take your word for it haha. He's always been capable of the ridiculous or the sublime but certainly over the last season or two he's proven himself to be our most threatening attacker

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-25 at 23.32.07.webp
    Screenshot 2023-06-25 at 23.32.07.webp
    26.7 KB · Views: 73

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back