Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad you disagree. If you agreed it would only validate to me that I must have said something stupid.
Love that you're allowed to act like this on here!

Seriously though we've sold Lukaku for 80m, Stones was the highest CB fee at the time, 30m for an over 30 Gueye, 40m for Gordon, Rodwell, Fellaini and in and on. That we can't move Cenk Tosun who was never good enough for the PL for 15m really isn't a sign that we can't sell players. It's a sign that we saddle ourselves with too much manure that can't be moved.

Which of course is why we shouldn't sign someone like Jack Harrison now who you could easily just call Theo Walcott and rewind to January 2018 and have the exact same discussions about.

I think last season playing Doucoure as the “ten” was a necessity because we had no forwards but in the past I think he played more with the ten being a second striker, and that looks like a role for Ndiaye or possibly even Gnonto.

You may well be right. Although we need 2 players for each position so i could see a Gnonto or Ndiaye needing to win a place.

I wonder if we could fit both in...neither plays on the right though :(

I'm glad you disagree. If you agreed it would only validate to me that I must have said something stupid.

Brutal.

Love that you're allowed to act like this on here!

Seriously though we've sold Lukaku for 80m, Stones was the highest CB fee at the time, 30m for an over 30 Gueye, 40m for Gordon, Rodwell, Fellaini and in and on. That we can't move Cenk Tosun who was never good enough for the PL for 15m really isn't a sign that we can't sell players. It's a sign that we saddle ourselves with too much manure that can't be moved.

Which of course is why we shouldn't sign someone like Jack Harrison now who you could easily just call Theo Walcott and rewind to January 2018 and have the exact same discussions about.

We generally sell 'top' players well -- aside from Richarlison.

The rest...we dont.

And if a club doesn't want a loan with obligation then the player is stuck at Everton on full wages. At least a loan saves some money if the player is simply not going to get a look in at Everton
I alwasy think with these loans "Oh sound, maybe this will make room for (insert talented youngster here) to stake a claim in the squad".

Never ever happens though, we replace them with equally as crap loan players who we then usually buy, and then loan them out the season after.

It's like a never ending cycle of garbage.

You may well be right. Although we need 2 players for each position so i could see a Gnonto or Ndiaye needing to win a place.

I wonder if we could fit both in...neither plays on the right though :(

Brutal.

The rest...we dont.
Richarlison isn't a top player and thank you for reminding me of that also being a great fee.

We don't sell the rest because they're garbage and lots of times older. Stop buying old garbage and that problem goes away.

The rest...we dont.
Well hes right though, we can't sell the rest because they are not good and we are paying them way too much.

Nobody wants to be left holding the bag on these players.

Fair enough. But giving some opportunities to Cannon, Mills and Branthwaite....I know there are rumours about selling him but if he is still here...seems a good idea. Better that than bringing in some 30 somethings from the Championship. Nobody is suggesting putting out a team of unproven youngsters
I think they are the most likely. Samuels Smith seems to be a shooting star and may be included in match day squads as well, he has turned 17 now.

I think most of the lads gone on loan was with a view to them finding clubs to settle at to be honest.
Apart from those mentioned it is hard to see anyone else getting a chance.
I think if Okoronkwo contines to improve we may be talking about him in 12 months time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back